Faculty & Staff Training
HGTC Shared Read!
Sponsored by the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Council and the library the shared read program will be facilitating discussions based on the book The Sum of Us: What Racism Costs Everyone and How We Can Prosper Together by Heather McGhee.
We have a limited number of books available for faculty and staff that you can acquire at the Conway library circulation desk.
Discussion sessions will last one hour and are scheduled for a variety of Teams and in-person sessions throughout the semester. We will be focusing on the first half of the book in the fall and the second half in the spring. Since we have a variety of facilitators who will all be addressing the book from different perspectives, you are welcome to attend more than once!
Diversity & Inclusion in the Workplace
- Workplace Diversity
- Your Role in Workplace Diversity
- Adjusting Self-talk to Manage Reactions to Diversity
- Your Role in Workplace Diversity (Course-30 mins)
Unconscious (Implicit) Bias
- What is Unconscious Bias?
- Recognizing Your Own Unconscious Bias
- Unconscious Inclusion
- Unconscious Bias and Its Role in Diversity
- Implicit Bias Tests