Student Information Center: WaveNet Central
Interested and current students as well as community members are always welcome to contact the Student Information Center also known as WaveNet Central (WNC). WNC will support the mission of the College by providing quality enrollment, collegiate guidance, and technology support services to allow users to experience a positive, streamlined college enrollment process and to increase technology and life-long learning skills. Please visit our Contact Us page to call, email or for on-campus locations. View a short video regarding our services here.
- The Start Right Experience
- Placement Test Preparation
- Getting around HGTC: General information, guidance for enrollment, financial aid, registration, and payment plan support
- Get your College ID Card
- Online Resource Center (ORC) for registration assistance, technology tutorials for D2L and WaveNet, technology tips, & more
- Additional services, such as technology support and training on campus, reviewing Degree Works for advisement information, or scheduling SSTC or Testing Center appointments
Placement Test Preparation - Independent Study and Placement Skills Program
- College enrollment process, course registration, financial aid and payment plan guidance
- Assistance in locating professor's offices, class's meeting locations, and more
- What if your email does not work? Come see us to help troubleshoot your WaveNet email in collaboration with HGTC's Helpdesk
- Get your College ID! ID cards are required for certain services and student engagements. Student ID's will only be issued when a current picture ID and a copy of the current semester schedule are presented. Students should replace lost ID cards immediately, a $5 replacement fee is required and payable to Student Accounts.
- Access the WaveNet and Class Registration Guide
- Access HGTC Placement Test Prep training and studying resources
- Access and watch recorded information sessions and workshops - Technology and more
- Visit the Online Resource Center now!
- Obtain on-campus technology training for WaveNet, D2L, Microsoft, and course program technologies
- Review Degree Works for required program courses
- Check and print course schedules, add/drop/register for classes, check grades
- Attend online or in-person New Student Orientations and Distance Learning Course Orientation
- Schedule Testing Center appointments
- Schedule SSTC tutoring/coaching appointments
- Learn how to use SSTC's 24/7 online tutoring service, Brainfuse
- To ask any question at all!
Share Your Story
We would love to hear from you! Please email us to tell us about your experience using HGTC's Student Information Center: WaveNet Central services
Watch this Student Information Center: WaveNet Central training video on using D2L for class at HGTC. Please click the bottom right-hand corner to enlarge the video into full-screen.
For more tutorials, visit our Online Resource Center or your Student Services tab in WaveNet.
Connect with us
"Fantastic as always!"
"The [WNC] staff member who helped me is a hard worker. Always there when you need him. Good job!"
"The [WNC] employee who assisted me does wonders, always willing to help me and what he does not know, he is willing to find out. He is a great asset to HGTC."
"The young man who helped me is awesome! Keep up the good work guys!"
"The young lady who helped me was amazing! Extremely helpful."
"Thank you to both employees who helped me!!"
"The WaveNet Central staff member helped me request a transcript. So helpful."
"She was so nice and helpful. She helped me with entrance counseling for student loans. Explained so much and help me understand what I needed to know about student loans."
"He is a doll!! Thank you to the young man who helped me!"
"Thank you to the woman who helped me! You’re the best!"
"The [WNC] employee who worked with me was wonderful and very helpful."