Student Information Center: TECH Central
Interested and current students as well as community members are always welcome to contact the Student Information Center also known as TECH Central. TECH Central will support the mission of the College by providing quality enrollment, collegiate guidance, and technology support services to allow users to experience a positive, streamlined college enrollment process and to increase technology and life-long learning skills. Please visit our Contact Us page to call, email or for on-campus locations.
TECH Talk for TECH Central
TECH Talk is a live chat feature for the HGTC community that includes text messaging and social media. The live chat feature can be accessed on the myHGTC portal and on this page, or by texting questions to 843-375-8552. Questions can also be asked on our social media accounts.
- TECH Talk Hours:
Monday-Thursday 7:30 am - 5:30 pm
Important Update for Students!
How to access Encrypted e-mails from Financial Aid:
- Click the “Read Message” link from the email you received.
- Then select “Or, sign in with a one-time passcode”.
- Do not attempt the Sign in option!
- Check out your “Junk” or “Spam” folder for the email containing the one-time passcode.
- Copy the one-time passcode from the email & paste into the box.
- Lastly, click continue & read the email from Financial Aid.
*Note: the one-time password expires in 15 minutes.
*Note: Do not use Safari Browser while completing these steps.
Follow our social media accounts for updates, information, and important dates.
- Placement Test Preparation
- Getting around HGTC: General information, guidance for enrollment, financial aid, registration, and payment plan support
- Services include phone, walk-in, and online technical support for technology training and troubleshooting. We additionally offer support in Microsoft Office and Outlook E-mail setup.
- Assistance with password resets, myHGTC support, registration, enrollment and financial aid.
- Get your College ID Card
- Additional services, such as technology support and training on campus, reviewing Degree Works for advisement information, or scheduling SSTC or Testing Center appointments
- College enrollment process, course registration, financial aid and payment plan guidance
- Assistance in locating professor's offices, class's meeting locations, and more
- What if your email does not work? Come see us to help troubleshoot your student email in collaboration with HGTC's Helpdesk
- Get your College ID! ID cards are required for certain services and student engagements. Student ID's will only be issued when a current picture ID and a copy of the current semester schedule are presented. Students should replace lost ID cards immediately, a $5 replacement fee is required and payable to Student Accounts.
- Obtain on-campus technology training for myHGTC, D2L, Microsoft, and course program technologies
- Review Degree Works for required program courses
- Check and print course schedules, add/drop/register for classes, check grades
- Attend online or in-person New Student Orientations and Distance Learning Course Orientation
- Schedule Testing Center appointments
- Schedule SSTC tutoring/coaching appointments
- Learn how to use SSTC's 24/7 online tutoring service, TutorMe.
- To ask any question at all!
Got a Question? Get in touch.
Building 1100, RM 132D
Monday - Thursday: 7:30 am - 5:30 pm
Grand Strand Campus
Building 200, RM 117
Monday - Thursday: 7:30 am - 5:30 pm
Share Your Story
We would love to hear from you! Please email us to tell us about your experience using HGTC's Student Information Center: TECH Central services