Scholarship Assistance available for most classes
The HGTC Workforce Development Department offers tuition assistance for students. Tuition assistance money is limited and will be given on a first-come, first-served basis. When scholarship money is available, it may pay for the full tuition of the class. Contact the Workforce Development at 843-477-2020 for more information and to see if the class you are interested in is covered by a scholarship.
Tuition Assistance Criteria: South Carolina Resident, WIN test Scores of 3 (bronze) or higher, High School Diploma, GED or College Transcript and 18 years of age or older.
You must complete the entire packet to be considered eligible for a scholarship:
Partnership Tuition Assistance
WIOA: SC Works may be able to offer assistance with tuition. The website is www.waccamawworks.org or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 843-546-8581.
Classes covered by Scholarships include:
- Automotive Technology
- CDL Truck Driving
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- EMT Basic
- Into to Construction/Carpentry
- Service Plumbing Technology
- And many other classes. Please call 843-477-2020 to see if the class you would like to take is covered by scholarships!
Classes excluded from scholarships:
* Palmetto Goodwill and WIOA may still be able to assist with the classes below
- Basic In person Computer Classes
- Certified Pool & Spa Operator
- Culinary Classes
- Digital Court Reporter
- Drone Training
- Real Estate (Palmetto Goodwill may be able to assist with Real Estate Classes)
- Veterinary Assistant