Scholarship Assistance available for most classes
The HGTC Continuing Education Department offers tuition assistance for students. Tuition assistance money is limited and will be given on a first-come, first-served basis. When scholarship money is available, it may pay for the full tuition of the class. Contact the Workforce Development & Continuing Education Division at 843-477-2020 for more information and to see if the class you are interested in is covered by a scholarship.
Tuition Assistance Criteria: South Carolina Resident, WIN test Scores of 3 (bronze) or higher, High School Diploma, GED or College Transcript and 18 years of age or older
Partnership Tuition Assistance
- Palmetto Goodwill: You may qualify for assistance with tuition through Palmetto Goodwill. Please visit your local Palmetto Goodwill Career Opportunity Center at 2164 Oakheart Rd. Carolina Forest, SC 29579 or www.palmettogoodwill.org to obtain information and to see if you qualify.
- WIOA: SC Works may be able to offer assistance with tuition. The website is www.waccamawworks.org or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 843-546-8581.
Classes covered by Scholarships include:
- CDL Truck Driving
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Certified Medication Technician
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Digital Court Reporter
- Drone Training
- EMT Basic
- Heavy Equipment Operator
- Interior Design
- Into to Construction/Carpentry
- Online Ed2 Go Classes (Most Classes)
- Personal Fitness Trainer
- Project Management Fundamental
- Service Plumbing Technology
- Veterinary Assistant
- And many other classes. Please call 843-477-2020 to see if the class you would like to take is covered by scholarships!
Classes excluded from scholarships:
* Palmetto Goodwill and WIOA may still be able to assist with the classes below
- Basic In person Computer Classes
- Culinary Classes
- Real Estate (Palmetto Goodwill may be able to assist with Real Estate Classes)
- Certified Pool & Spa Operator