Scholarship Assistance available for most classes
The HGTC Workforce Development Department offers tuition assistance for students. Tuition assistance money is limited and will be given on a first-come, first-served basis. When scholarship money is available, it may pay for the full tuition of the class if all eligibility requirements are met. Contact the Workforce Development at 843-477-2020 for more information and to see if the class you are interested in is covered by a scholarship.
Tuition Assistance Criteria: South Resident for at least one year, High School Diploma, GED or College Transcript and 18 years of age or older.
You must complete the entire packet to be considered eligible for a scholarship:
- A student's residency classification for tuition purposes is determined by the Admissions staff at the time an admission application is submitted in accordance with South Carolina Code of Laws #59-112-100 to #59-112-150, the Commission on Higher Education Regulations Chapter 62, and College policies and procedures. Upon completion of your application, you may be required to submit additional documentation to verify your residency. The burden of proof resides with the student to show evidence as deemed necessary to establish residency status.
- In the state of South Carolina, in order to qualify for in-state tuition or fees, a student must have obtained a permanent and primary home in South Carolina, have a South Carolina driver’s license, and have ALL vehicles transferred and registered in South Carolina for one full year. Please reference the HGTC Residency Flow Chart determination guide.
- See frequently asked questions about residency.
Partnership Tuition Assistance
Classes covered by Scholarships include:
- BLS CPR HC Provider
- CDL Truck Driving
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Digital Court Reporter
- EMT Basic
- Into to Construction/Carpentry
- Service Plumbing Technology
- And many other classes. Please call 843-477-2020 to see if the class you would like to take is covered by scholarships!
Classes excluded from scholarships:
* Palmetto Goodwill and WIOA may still be able to assist with the classes below
- Basic In person Computer Classes
- Certified Pool & Spa Operator
- Culinary Classes
- Drone Training
- Real Estate (Palmetto Goodwill may be able to assist with Real Estate Classes)