Title IX at HGTC
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, federal laws, and state laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability, sex or veteran status in educational programs and activities at Horry-Georgetown Technical College. As outlined in the Violence Against Women Act, Horry-Georgetown Technical College prohibits the offenses of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, and stalking and will provide students, faculty, and staff with necessary information regarding prevention, policies, procedures, and resources.
Horry-Georgetown Technical College is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all members of the college community. The Vice President of Business Affairs shall be primarily responsible for accomplishment of this objective, but may work with other divisions within the college to ensure attainment of this goal. The College has employed a Public Safety Department to provide services or assistance, within guidelines established by the College and pursuant to state and federal regulations, to maintain a safe and secure environment for faculty, staff, students and the general community. The College will also establish programs, procedures, rules, regulations and guidelines designed to provide a safe and secure environment, and to otherwise ensure compliance with state, federal and other requirements.
The Office of Student Affairs and the Office of Human Resources work together to ensure such programs, procedures, rules, regulations, and guidelines are available to students, faculty, and staff. To view the College’s Student Code Procedures for addressing alleged acts of sexual violence and sexual harassment, please view the Horry-Georgetown Technical College Catalog & Student Handbook.
Any student, Faculty*, or Staff* member who believes he or she has experienced or witnessed discrimination including sexual harassment, domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault or stalking are encouraged to report such incidents to the Title IX Coordinators:
Vice President for Student Affairs
Building 1100, Room 107A
Associate Vice President, Human Resources & Employee Relations
Building 200, Room 212A
* Faculty and Staff are required to report incidents to the Title IX Coordinators when involving students. The only HGTC employees exempt from mandatory reporting are licensed mental health professionals (only as part of their job description such as counseling services).
Resources for Students:
- Horry-Georgetown Technical College’s Counseling Services
- Call: 843-349-7587 or 843-349-5309
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Safety
- Call 911
- CCU Dispatch: 843-347-3161
- Conway Campus: 843-349-7806/Cell: 843-251-6111 or 843-421-1760
- Grand Strand Campus: 843-477-2115/Cell: 843-251-9405
- Georgetown Campus: 843-466-1869