What is Title IX
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects students, employees, applicants for admission and employment, and other persons from all forms of sex discrimination, including discrimination based on gender identity or failure to conform to stereotypical notions of masculinity or femininity.
All students (as well as other persons) at Horry-Georgetown Technical College are protected by Title IX—regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, part- or full-time status, disability, race, or national origin—in all aspects of educational programs and activities.
Title IX Coordinators
Vice President, Human Resources & Employee Relations
Building 200, Room 212A
* Faculty and Staff are required to report incidents to the Title IX Coordinators when involving students. The only HGTC employees exempt from mandatory reporting are licensed mental health professionals (only as part of their job description such as counseling services).
- Horry-Georgetown Technical College’s Counseling Services
- Public Safety
- Family Justice Center
- 24-Hour Hotline: 844-208-0161
- Rape Crisis Center
National & Statewide Resources
- DoD Safe Helpline (Military) - 877-995-5247
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) - 800-656-HOPE (4673)
- FBI Human Trafficking Division - 888-373-7888
- Harriet Hancock LGBT Center - 803-771-7713
- SC Coalition Against Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault - 803-256-2900 | Toll Free 800-260-9293
- Take the pledge against sexual assault - http://itsonus.org/#pledge
Policy 3.1.1: Equal Opportunity/Non-Discrimination Statement
Policy 9.3.7: Student Code and Grievance Policy