Testing Centers are operated on all campuses and offer proctored testing services for students, college employees, and community members in a controlled, secure testing environment during operational hours. All users are required to present a photo ID and applicable fee receipts prior to testing. Children are not allowed to accompany students into the Testing Center. We subscribe to the National College Testing Association Professional Standards and Guidelines for Post-Secondary Testing Centers. The College Testing Center is a member of the NCTA Consortium of College Testing Centers.
Testing candidates needing to schedule appointments for any testing service can process their request online by going to the Testing Center web page at www.hgtc.edu/testing. Once you complete the process and pay necessary fees, if applicable, you will receive a confirmation of your appointment. Please bring your confirmation with you on appointment day.
Testing candidates with approved accommodations should contact the Testing Center at which they are registered for arrangements.
All HGTC Testing Centers are in compliances with minimum legal requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Online and Make-Up Testing
The Testing Center administers online and makeup tests for students who have professors’ approval. There is no charge for this service.
Hours & Locations
See Testing Center hours and locations
Where can I find test prep resources?
Scheduling an Appointment
Testing candidates must make their appointments 24 hours in advance. Same day appointments are NOT accepted. To schedule your appointment please select desired campus below. Testing candidates with approved accommodations should contact the Testing Center at which they are registered for arrangements.
All services available through HGTC Testing Center’s require an appointment. HGTC recommends that testing candidates using our testing center scheduler use the following browsers:
- Mozilla Firefox - version 27 or later
- Google Chrome - version 33 or greater
- Microsoft Internet Explorer on Windows 7 - version 11 or later
- Apple Safari - version 7 or later
Testing Center Rules and Regulations
- Testing candidate must arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled appointment.
- Testing candidate must present a photo ID prior to testing.
- Testing candidate must provide required testing information which may include the course name, number, and instructor's name for each test they take.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the Testing Centers.
- Children are not allowed to accompany testing candidate into the Testing Centers and may not be left unattended in the lobby or hallway while the candidate is testing.
- Cell phones and other mobile devices are not allowed in the testing room.
- Books, dictionaries, calculators, notes, etc., are not allowed in the testing room unless specified by the instructor.
- Testing Center candidate must wait to be contacted (via cellphone) by a testing center staff to enter the testing center on test day.
- Masks are required in the testing centers. HGTC Testing Center will not provide masks for candidates.
- NOTE: Absolutely no test/exam will be administered 45 minutes prior to the Testing Center closing.
Testing Services for testing candidates requesting accommodations are provided by Disability Services on the Conway, Grand Strand, or Georgetown Campuses.
Online Proctored Exam:
HGTC offers a secure, online proctored exam option through Honorlock for taking an exam from any location with your personal computer. Using a standard computer webcam with a high-speed Internet connection, students now have the ability to take a proctored exam online. Honorlock helps maintain the integrity of an exam by authenticating the identity of the test taker and capturing the entire exam session through video which is later reviewed by faculty.
Is there a Cost for the Service?
There is a cost associated for using the Honorlock service: $10 per exam or $18 per course, plus applicable state taxes and fees. You are not required to use the service, as you also have the option of going to a testing center on any HGTC campus to take your exam (which is free for students).
Is this option available for my Course?
Students should check with the course instructor to see if this option is available for your course.
How do I access Honorlock?
Below are several guides to help you access Honorlock and perform a software and system check to ensure your computer meets the minimum requirements to use Honorlock.
- How to Use Honorlock
- How to Install the Honorlock Extension
- Honorlock Student FAQs
- Honorlock Resources and Support
- Schedule exam in a timely manner.
- Be familiar with the Honorlock testing procedures, to include which forms of ID are required and any associated fees.
- Pay any testing fees, if applicable.
- Be aware of time limits on your exams and keep track of the time.
- Be aware of and follow the Academic Integrity policies.
- If unusual circumstances occur, please contact your Instructor as soon as possible.
- Contact the Instructor with any questions.
TEAS (Health Science Tests) FAQs
What is TEAS?
The Test for Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is a computerized diagnostic instrument to help evaluate academic skills of new applicants to several of HGTC Health Science programs, as an admissions requirement or an option for admission.
The TEAS is a 4-hour computer-based test that covers Reading, Math, English, and Science, with an additional 30 minutes for a dry run prior to the exam. The test is offered remotely on Tuesdays at 9:00 am and on Thursdays at 12:00 pm, starting May 21.
How do I take the test?
HGTC is now offering the TEAS exam to be administered remotely (from your home) at no charge to you.
ATI has partnered with Proctorio to virtually proctor assessments. To set yourself up for success, please ensure the following before registering to take the exam:
- Ensure you are using a fully charged laptop or desktop computer with a webcam and microphone. You cannot use a tablet or cellphone.
- Have a stable Internet connection.
- Install Google Chrome on your device. You will not be able to take the proctored assessment with any other browser.
- Have a school or government issued ID card available.
- Find a quiet and well lit space, and be ready for a room scan prior to the assessment.
- One piece of blank paper to be used during the assessment. Please destroy the paper upon completion of the exam.
Testing appointments are required. Register here (no fee required) and make sure all information is correct. Once registered, you will receive more information regarding preparation and test day.
Testing candidates can only retest every 3 months. Failure to wait three months to retest will cause the new score to be invalid. Test prep resources are available at http://libguides.hgtc.edu/testprep/teas.
Where is the testing center?
Visit www.hgtc.edu/testing for locations.