What is WIN?
WIN assessments measure workplace skills critical to job success. It measures the “real world” skills employers believe are critical to job success. The system is designed to match prospective employees to jobs and careers and prepare students for the workplace. WIN will measure your skills and compare them to the requirements of the jobs that you want. A growing number of businesses in our area are adopting WIN to ensure that all of their workers have needed skills.
WIN is made up of several assessment tests that are viewed by employers as the most important skills needed for any occupation and typically these are the test that companies/employers require employees and/or prospective employees to successfully complete.
Three assessments demonstrate basic skills:
- Work Ready Math
- Work Ready Reading
- Work Ready Data
When a learner scores 80% or higher on the placement test or posttest at specific levels in all three core modules of Work Ready Math, Work Ready Reading, Work Ready Data, a Career Readiness Certificate (CRC) is earned. There are five potential certificates in this course:
- Achievement Level 1: Score a minimum of Level 1 in all three modules.
- Achievement Level 2: Score a minimum of Level 2 in all three modules.
- Achievement Level 3: Score a minimum of Level 3 in all three modules.
- Achievement Level 4: Score a minimum of Level 4 in all three modules.
- Achievement Level 5: Score a minimum of Level 5 in all three modules.
Why take WIN?
- Find jobs that fit your skills and interests.
- Better determine your skill improvements and training needs.
- Improve your opportunities for career changes and advancement.
- Attach your CRC to your resume and show employers concrete proof of the skills you have achieved
- Used in hiring process by variety of companies throughout South Carolina and nationally recognized.
Training & Test Preparation:
Other WIN assessments available are Digital Literacy and Essential Soft Skills.
Test prep resources are available at https://libguides.hgtc.edu/testprep/win.
How to Register for a WIN Test
WIN testing is available in the Testing Center on all three campuses. Call to register: