Facebook Pixel University Transfer Options | Horry-Georgetown Technical College

University Transfer Options

Horry-Georgetown Technical College

University Transfer

University Transfer Agreements

South Carolina has 33 public higher-education institutions, including 13 universities, 16 technical colleges, and 4 two-year regional campuses of the University of South Carolina. HGTC offers students the opportunity to earn a degree, diploma, or certificate and is a gateway to senior colleges and universities.

The South Carolina Commission on Higher Education has created a web portal, www.sctrac.org, designed to facilitate college course transfer and articulation in the state. All South Carolina public institutions of higher education, two-year and four-year alike, work together to make it easier for students to transfer academic credit. Learn more about transfer at SCTRAC.

See admissions information, course equivalencies, and more:

HGTC Transfer Agreements

To make it easy for HGTC students to transfer to senior institutions, the College has negotiated transfer agreements for those who graduate from certain HGTC programs with their associate degree and the appropriate grade point average. Many HGTC courses will transfer to most senior institutions; however, applied sciences courses may transfer only to specific majors.

In addition to HGTC’s own agreements, our students may also take advantage of transfer agreements that the South Carolina Technical College System has established with several in-state partner institutions.

In all cases, students should meet with their advisors to plan course selection and contact the senior institutions admissions office to facilitate the transfer.

Agreements Between
South Carolina State Technical College System and Partner Institutions

Open to students who complete degrees from one of the 16 South Carolina Technical Colleges.

Agreements Between
Horry-Georgetown Technical College and Partner Institutions

HGTC Associate Degree in...

Transfer to...

Associate in Arts / Associate in Science

HGTC ‘s A.A. and A.S. degrees facilitate transfer to a variety of B.A./ B.S. academic degree programs at senior institutions (depending on the institution’s transfer and course equivalency policies).

Associate in Applied Science Programs:

HGTC ‘s A.A.S. degrees can transfer to specific majors (as noted below) at partner institutions based on the terms of transfer agreements.
Civil Engineering Technology
Criminal Justice
Forestry Management Technology
  • Clemson University - B.S. Forest Research Management or B.S. Wildlife and Fisheries Biology
  • Glenville State - B.S. Natural Resource Management/Forest Technology Concentration
Human Services
Teacher Education
  • Coastal Carolina University - B. A. Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Middle Level Education, Physical Education and Special Education
  • Francis Marion University - B.S. Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, and Middle Level Education
  • University of South Carolina - B.A. in Early Childhood Education, B.A.  In Elementary Education, B.A. and B.S. in Middle Level Education

Bridge Agreements

Student applies to HGTC and to senior institution for admission and advising