TEAS (Health Science Tests)
The Test for Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is a computerized diagnostic instrument to help evaluate academic skills of new applicants to several of HGTC Health Science programs, as an admissions requirement or an option for admission.
The TEAS is a 4-hour computer-based test that covers Reading, Math, English, and Science, with an additional 30 minutes for a dry run prior to the exam. The test is offered remotely on Tuesdays at 9:00 am and on Thursdays at 12:00 pm, starting May 21.
HGTC is now offering the TEAS exam to be administered remotely (from your home) at no charge to you (HGTC students only). Non-HGTC students will pay for test and fees when you register.
ATI has partnered with Proctorio to virtually proctor assessments. To set yourself up for success, please ensure the following before registering to take the exam:
- Ensure you are using a fully charged laptop or desktop computer with a webcam and microphone. You cannot use a tablet or cellphone.
- Have a stable Internet connection.
- Install Google Chrome on your device. You will not be able to take the proctored assessment with any other browser.
- Have a school or government issued ID card available.
- Find a quiet and well lit space, and be ready for a room scan prior to the assessment.
- One piece of blank paper to be used during the assessment. Please destroy the paper upon completion of the exam.
Testing appointments are required. Register here (no fee required) and make sure all information is correct. Once registered, you will receive more information regarding preparation and test day. Please be patient for further information regarding preparation and test day. The information will be sent to you prior to your test date.
Do not contact ATI for registration.
Testing candidates can only retest every 3 months. Failure to wait three months to retest will cause the new score to be invalid. Test prep resources are available at http://libguides.hgtc.edu/testprep/teas.
For questions, contact the HGTC Testing Center at email@example.com.