TEAS (Health Science Tests)
The Test for Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is a computerized diagnostic instrument to help evaluate academic skills of new applicants to several of HGTC Health Science programs, as an admissions requirement or an option for admission.
The TEAS is a 4-hour computer-based test that covers Reading, Math, English, and Science, with an additional 30 minutes for a dry run prior to the exam. The test is remote (taken at home) on Tuesdays at 9:00 am and on Thursdays at 12:00 pm. The test is in-person on Fridays at 8:00 am (limited seats/HGTC applicants only) on our Conway campus - 2050 Highway 501 East, Conway, SC 29526 - Building 1100, room 125.
Remote and In-Person Testing
HGTC Testing Center will administer the exam remotely and in-person. Students will register on the TEAS website at www.atitesting.com and submit payment. The online registration is $92 (includes registration and remote proctoring fees).
To register for the TEAS exam, go directly to the TEAS website at www.atitesting.com:
- First, create an account if you are not already a registered user (step-by-step directions for creating an ATI account). Please note, if taking the exam for Horry-Georgetown Technical College, select Horry-Georgetown Grand Strand ADN.
- Once you have an ATI account, you will need to go to the ATI website to register and pay for the exam. Click login.
- Enter your username and password you provided.
- Click on the link to the Online Store which is at the top of the ATI homepage.
- In the navigation pane on the left side of the screen, click Register for TEAS.
- Select Register Now
- In the TEAS registration box, select ONLINE or IN-PERSON.
- In the TEAS Proctor Program Type select Institution Remote Proctor – Nursing or TEAS for Nursing Students. Select SC. Select Horry Georgetown Technical College and then click SEARCH.
- Select the date of your choice and continue to follow the prompts to register and pay.
The online registration is $92 (includes registration and remote proctoring fees).
ATI has partnered with Proctorio to virtually proctor assessments. To set yourself up for success, please ensure the following before registering to take the exam:
- Ensure you are using a fully charged laptop or desktop computer with a webcam and microphone. You cannot use a tablet or cellphone.
- Have a stable Internet connection.
- Install Google Chrome on your device. You will not be able to take the proctored assessment with any other browser.
- Have a school or government issued ID card available.
- Find a quiet, well-lit space, and be ready for a room scan prior to the assessment.
- One piece of blank paper to be used during the assessment. Please destroy the paper upon completion of the exam.
* Do not contact the Testing Center for registration.
Testing candidates can only retest every 30 days.
Test prep resources are available at http://libguides.hgtc.edu/testprep/teas.