How to Enroll in the PACE Program
The PACE/Dual Enrollment Application Process
- Obtain a PACE Dual Enrollment Application Packet from your Guidance Counselor.
If you do not have a guidance counselor, contact:
PACE Program Coordinator
Hope.Wofford@hgtc.edu or 843-477-2097
- Access Pace Online Application at www.hgtc.edu/pace/apply
* Do NOT navigate away from this page until you create an account.
- Create an Account. Be sure to save your Username and Password.
- Complete the Pace Dual Enrollment Application Worksheet to record the information you will need for required fields in the application.
- Login to your HGTC Account to complete the PACE Online Application. It is important
you complete all information especially residency questions to ensure quick processing
of your application.
- Once you have submitted your online application, please submit your test scores and the remainder of this packet to your Guidance Counselor for approval and course selections.
- Once all items are returned in your PACE Envelope, the Guidance Counselor will then provide their approval and list your course selections for the program and send your application to HGTC for processing.
Note: Priority deadlines for Fall and Spring semester are May 1 and November 1.
HGTC will review your online application, all documentation provided to Guidance, Counselor approval, and verify your residency. You will receive an official Acceptance Letter in the mail.
Important Reminders for Completing the PACE Application and FAFSA Waiver
- Complete the Residency Section. This information is required for verification of Horry and Georgetown County residence. If you were born in South Carolina, please put your birth date for the Date Present
Stay in SC Began. If not, use the date you moved to South Carolina.
- Complete the FAFSA waiver form indicating that you are a current high-school student in dual enrollment, sign it,
and date the bottom. The FAFSA Waiver is necessary because it determines your eligibility
for Lottery Tuition Assistance without having to submit a FAFSA form.*
- Submit qualifying ACT/SAT/ACCUPLACER scores to your counselor. If you have not taken either of these or your scores did not meet the minimum requirements, you may take the ACCUPLACER Test either at your high school or at the HGTC campus. Your counselor will assist you with scheduling the testing option available for your high school site. If your counselor cannot administer the test, you need to make an appointment for ACCUPLACER testing at HGTC. You can schedule your appointment here. After testing, turn in your scores to your school counselor.
* Note: Incomplete PACE packets without high school signatures/parent or student signatures,
social security numbers, test scores, or FAFSA Waiver will result in delayed admissions,
non-admissions, or loss of preferred classes.
SC Lottery Tuition Assistance (LTA)
- Students who have completed high school, SC Lottery Tuition Assistance (LTA) requires submission of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid);
however, students enrolled in high school may sign the FAFSA waiver and be eligible
for LTA. This FAFSA Waiver is included in the PACE Application packet and must be
submitted. LTA is not based on financial need and covers over 50% of tuition costs.
- PACE students are eligible for SC Lottery Tuition Assistance (LTA), upon meeting qualifications
set by the state and enrolling in a minimum of 6 credits (2 classes) per semester.
- High School students prior to graduation may receive LTA, which does not affect the
LIFE or Palmetto scholarships, which begin following the completion of high school.
- Upon graduation from high school, students cannot receive LTA and LIFE/Palmetto in the same academic year (applies to Early Completers). For example, early completers who graduate high school mid-year may not receive LTA in the fall ( enrolled in PACE classes during high-school) and LIFE in the spring (their first semester of college post high-school graduation).
The SC•WINS Scholarship is available to Dual Enrollment students who are already receiving Lottery Tuition Assistance and are on Free or Reduced lunch. Please send a copy of your approval letter from the school cafeteria to the PACE Program Coordinator.
Important Note: The grades of college courses completed in high school will affect your class standing and/or GPA and, therefore, will affect your eligibility for LIFE and other scholarships following graduation.