How to Enroll in the PACE Program
The PACE/Dual Enrollment Application Process
Complete the PACE Online Application and sign the supplemental forms in your online application account.
- FAFSA Waiver
- Parent Agreement - signed by your parent or legal guardian
- Verification of Citizenship + upload your ID (if your DMV issued ID says “Not for Federal Identification”, you will need to use your SS card or passport instead).
Once you have submitted your online application, please submit your test scores to your school Counselor for approval and course selections (see course info below). If you do not have test scores, your Counselor can submit a copy of your high school transcript for multiple measure review.
HGTC staff will review your online application, all supplemental forms, test scores or transcript, Counselor approval, and verify your residency. Once admitted, you will receive an official Acceptance Letter in the mail.
Note: Priority deadlines for Fall and Spring semester are May 1 and November 1.
PACE Course Selections for Fall and Spring Semester
High School Counselors will discuss course recommendations with students and parents. High School Counselors will submit course requests and test scores (ACT or SAT) or transcripts directly to HGTC.
Frequently requested PACE courses include ENG 101, ENG 102, PSY 201, SOC 101, SPA 101, SPA 102, SPC 205, MUS 105, ART 101, THE 101, MAT 120, and PHI 110.
PACE Courses Offered on HGTC Campuses, Select High Schools, and Online
PACE courses are taught on the HGTC Conway, Georgetown, and Grand Strand Campus, at select high schools, or online. Face-to Face classes are recommended. However, highly motivated students with time management skills may benefit from online when unable to attend courses on campus.
Course offerings for classes taken on the high school campus will be provided for you by your school Counselor.
NOTE: If recommended courses are unavailable due to capacity limits or cancellations, changes will have to be authorized by the student’s high school counselor.
Important Reminders for Completing the PACE Application and FAFSA Waiver
- Complete the Residency Section. This information is required for verification of Horry and Georgetown County residence. If you were born in South Carolina, please put your birth date for the Date Present
Stay in SC Began. If not, use the date you moved to South Carolina.
- Complete the FAFSA waiver form indicating that you are a current high-school student in dual enrollment, sign it,
and date the bottom. The FAFSA Waiver is necessary because it determines your eligibility
for Lottery Tuition Assistance without having to submit a FAFSA form.*
- Submit qualifying ACT or SAT scores to your counselor. If you have not taken either of these or your scores do not meet
the minimum requirements, HGTC will use Multiple Measures or a combination of the
two as a means for admission and placement during the enrollment process. High school
transcripts will be reviewed by Dual Enrollment staff to admit students and place
students into courses.