PACE Orientation for Students and Parents
At PACE Orientation Students & Parents will:
- Learn more about the college setting, classes, and become more familiar with student resources available on campus.
- Get technology support on how to access the college email system and WaveNet to access grades, the class schedule, and unofficial transcripts.
- Learn more regarding course expectations, helpful tips, and have additional questions answered.
- Get the opportunity to meet other PACE high school students.
- All students will receive an HGTC academic planner.
- Students should bring their WaveNet login information, user name and password received in the students’ PACE acceptance letter.
- A photo ID is required to receive a copy of your schedule at Orientation Sign In Registration.
2020 PACE Orientation Dates, Time, & Location
Horry County Students Only
|Tuesday, Aug 4, 2020
Tuesday, Aug 4, 2020
Thursday, Aug 6, 2020
|3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
|Burroughs and Chapin Auditorium, Bldg. 1100|
* These sessions are for Horry County students who will take PACE classes online or on the Conway or Grand Strand Campus.
Sign In Registration on the Conway Campus will be held at Café 1100, Bldg. 1100 (Adjacent to the Burroughs and Chapin Auditorium).
Georgetown County Students Only
|Tuesday, Aug 11, 2020
Thursday, August 13, 2020
|5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
|Bldg. 100, Room 114|
* These sessions are for Georgetown County students who will take PACE classes online or on the Georgetown Campus.
RSVP for PACE Orientation here:
Prior to PACE classes beginning on August 24, 2020, students will need to:
- Purchase textbooks at the campus bookstore if textbooks are not provided by their high school guidance counselor.
- Obtain an HGTC Student ID and parking decal if attending classes on the HGTC campus or are taking classes online. Students must bring their Student ID “H” number included in the PACE acceptance letter along with a photo ID on a driver’s license or state issued ID to obtain their campus ID. Students must bring their vehicle registration, and driver’s license to obtain a decal. Student ID's & parking decals may be obtained on any HGTC campus between 8am-5pm, Monday - Thursday during the summer months.
- TECH Central & Public Safety Hours:
Monday-Thursday 7:45 am- 5 pm and Fridays 8 am - 12:30 pm
Technical Assistance with your WaveNet Log In information (password) or D2L contact at 843-349-TECH (8324)
Conway Campus - Building 1100, Room 132D
Grand Strand Campus - Building 200, Room 136