Twisted up All-American hand pies
- 1 can (8 oz. each) premium apple pie filling
- 1/4 cup sun-dried cherries
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1 loaf cinnamon swirl white bread (crust trimmed off)
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon sugar
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
Mix apple filling, cherries, and pecans in medium bowl by hand until blended. Gently roll out the slices of bread with a rolling pin until thin.
Spoon 2- 3 tablespoons of apple, cherry, pecan mixture into the middle of each square of rolled out bread. Fold the bread to make a stuffed triangle.
After assembled brush each with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Place in sandwich press and griddle for four minutes until crispy. Allow to cool for a moment then drizzle with maple syrup and a pinch of salt.
Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.