HGTC is committed to inclusion, equity and diversity. We strive to have a community that represents diversity in its many dimensions.
Inclusion. Diversity. Equity. Access. #IDEAHGTC
Through student engagement & community initiatives, we aim to develop a substantially more inclusive and culturally diverse environment.
- Race & Ethnicity
- National Origin
- Gender Identity & Gender Expression
- Sexual Orientation/Sexuality
- Ability Status (physical, intellectual)
- Education Background & Level
- Political Beliefs or Affiliation
- Family (role, kind)
- Language (first language, proficiencies)
- Income/Socioeconomic Status
- Religious/Spiritual Affiliation
- Physical Appearance
- Work Experience & Organizational Role
DIVERSITY refers to a wide variety of differences and similarities among individuals as well as different identity groups. Diversity = Presence.
INCLUSION is where differences are welcomed, different perspectives are respectfully heard and every individual feels a sense of belonging. Inclusion = Culture & Climate.
EQUITY is the promotion of policies and practices that gives members of a community what they need to have the opportunity to be successful. Equity = Access.
HGTC is committed to inclusion, equity and diversity.