STEPS Session - Medical Laboratory Technology
Submission of this form verifies that I have viewed the above STEPS session and understand that to be eligible for a seat in the Medical Laboratory Technology program at HGTC I must:
- Apply to and be accepted at HGTC.
- Submit official high school transcript (with graduation date) or copy of GED.
- Submit official college transcript of any other college(s) attended.
- Sign and submit the “Additional Admission/ Placement Requirement Affidavit” (Background Check Affidavit).
- Be eligible to complete general education courses of: ENG 101, MAT 120, BIO 112. Must have grades of C’s or higher, and a GPA of 2.5, on all Prereq and General Education courses.
- Complete, and submit with your MLT application.
- MLT applications must be submitted by the May 15th deadline to the Admissions office on any campus.
- If you receive notice that you are admitted to the Medical Laboratory Technology program, you will then receive follow up instructions. You must be prepared to complete and pass a Certified Background Check, submit a $500.00 deposit to hold your seat.
- Submit the Required Steps Session Checklist below, verifying completion of the STEPS session, and indicating interest in admission to the Medical Laboratory Technology program.
Completion of these requirements does not guarantee acceptance into HGTC’s MLT program.
Required STEPS Checklist
I have read the requirements for admission into the Health Science program at Horry-Georgetown Technical College and I understand that I must fulfill these requirements in order to be eligible for admission: