How to Apply for Financial Aid
The financial aid process can take 6-8 weeks, so it is important to apply early. It is necessary to re-apply every year.
- First, create an FSA ID, if you do not already have one. This ID is made up of a user name and password, and is used to sign your FAFSA and verify your identity on US Department of Education websites. If you are a dependent student, one of your parents will also need to create an FSA ID. Please visit https://studentaid.gov/fsa-id/create-account/launch to create your FSA ID.
- Complete your FAFSA online. HGTC’s school code is 004925. You must include this code on your application so that HGTC’s Financial Aid Office will receive an electronic copy of your FAFSA to confirm your eligibility.
- Students must check their myHGTC accounts to determine if all FAFSA requirements are met; if not, financial aid awards are delayed. myHGTC accounts provide account balances, student requirements, and more. Visit TECH Central for assistance.
- To obtain priority for financial aid awards or scholarships for the following Fall Semester, applications should be submitted prior to April 1.
- Please visit Federal Student Aid for more information.
NOTE: New students and former students not enrolled for one year or more must apply for admission to HGTC. A student may apply for financial aid prior to admission, but no financial aid awards can be made until a student has applied and is accepted in an approved program of study.