Student and Alumni Resources
Need to develop or update a resume? Want to practice for an upcoming interview? Looking for career advice and direction?
Career and professional development is essential for overall success in the workplace. Knowing how to "sell" your skills and qualifications to an employer is the first step to the rest of your career.
Students and Alumni can access career center services to develop the necessary tools needed to be most competitive in your field.
Students should utilize the career center early in their academic journey. HGTC Alumni have access to online career center resources for up to two years post-graduation.
Career Resources – We’ve Got What You Need!
- Need to search for Employment or Career Resource Tools and advice? Visit HGTC's College Central Network for job postings and career tools. Registration is FREE for students and alumni.
- Need to explore career options, analyze jobs, or compare salaries? Access O*Net Online or www.bls.gov for a wealth of information on occupations, job trends and workforce development.
- Need help deciding on a major or career path? Take the TypeFocus career assessment to discover more about your personality and interests.
- Need a resume or interview help? Contact the Office of Career Services or call (843) 349-7899 to schedule a session. Walk-ins are welcome, appointments are highly recommended. You may also access our Career Toolbox for help with cover letters, resumes, interviewing tips, and more!
- Need a part-time job or internship assistance? The CRC manages on and off campus employment opportunities for work study eligible students. To apply, students can click here download the Work Study application from this site or at one of the following locations (give app to the front desk assistant when complete):
- Need professional clothing for your next interview? Stop by the CRC and browse through a selection of items that are free and available for students and alumni.
- Need career advice, best practices, or success tips? Check out the CRC’s YouTube page for great videos from respected sources and “how-to” videos produced by the CRC staff.
Conway campus – Office of Career Services, Bldg. 1100
For more information on career resources, stop by the Office of Career Services on the Conway campus, call (843) 349-7899, or email the Office of Career Services email@example.com.