Cybersecurity - Certificate
This cutting-edge certificate program is designed to provide theory and hands on experience in Cybersecurity, preparing the students for employment in a fast growing field. The program will provide the skills needed to recognize security attacks, block those attacks, and forensically acquire information from seized hardware in a state-of-the art classroom. The Cybersecurity program is ideal for an individual currently working in the Information Technology field, or has a working knowledge of IT, but this is not required. The successful student will be prepared to stand for various certification exams, including but not limited to: CompTIA Security+, Certified Ethical Hacker, and CompTIA Network+ Certificate.
Specific Admission Requirements for Program
- Criminal Background Check must be satsfactorily completed before students can enroll in any cybersecurity courses.
- Cybersecurity will deny eligibility for enrolling in a cybersecurity course if an applicant/student does not successfully pass the criminal background check.
The mission of the Computer Technology department is to enhance the educational opportunities of our students by building a comprehensive and quality technology infrastructure to allow our students to simulate real world experiences. This environment will be effectively maintained and operated to keep up with rapidly changing technologies and software utilized in the workforce. This will allow the department to provide prompt, effective, reliable and in-depth education opportunities to our students.
- Fully build out infrastructure and classrooms to allow for in-person, synchronous, hybrid and online courses.
- Maintain and update the classrooms and infrastructure as needed to ensure we are providing up to date opportunities for our students.
- Utilize as much of the infrastructure and classroom technology as possible to enhance student learning and experiences.
|First Semester - Fall, 1st Half||Credit Course||Semester
|Math Elective||MAT 101, MAT 102, MAT 110 or MAT 120||3|
|CPT 282||Information Systems Security||3|
|IST 201||CISCO Internetworking Concepts||3|
|IST 266||Internet and Firewall Security||3|
|Second Semester - Spring|
|IST 202||CISCO Router Configuration||3|
|IST 215||Health Information Networking||3|
|IST 268||Computer Forensics||3|
|IST 293||IT and Data Assurance I||3|
|Third Semester - Summer|
|IST 294||IT and Data Assurance II||3|
|Third Semester - Summer, 1st Half|
|IST 269||Digital Forensics||3|
|Third Semester - Summer, 2nd Half|
|CPT 208||Special Topics in Computer Technology||3|
TOTAL CREDIT HOURS