What is WIN?
WIN assessments measure workplace skills critical to job success. It measures the “real world” skills employers believe are critical to job success. The system is designed to match prospective employees to jobs and careers and prepare students for the workplace. WIN will measure your skills and compare them to the requirements of the jobs that you want. A growing number of businesses in our area are adopting WIN to ensure that all of their workers have needed skills.
WIN is made up of several assessment tests that are viewed by employers as the most
important skills needed for any occupation and typically these are the test that companies/employers
require employees and/or prospective employees to successfully complete.
WIN testing is available in the Testing Center on all three campuses, register online at Conway, Grand Strand, or Georgetown or Download a registration form»
Three assessments demonstrate basic skills:
- Applied Mathematics
- Reading for Information
- Locating Information
Successful completion in all three skill areas will result in a Career Readiness Certificate (CRC). The nationally recognized CRC certifies that you are WorkReady to employers.
- Score of 3 – Bronze Certificate Certifies you have the basic skills for 30% of the jobs in the U.S.
- Score of 4 – Silver Certificate Certifies you have the basic skills for 65% of the jobs in the U.S.
- Score of 5 – Gold Certificate Certifies you have the basic skills for 90% of the jobs in the U.S.
- Score of 6 or 7 – Platinum Certificate Certifies you have the basic skills for 99% of the jobs in the U.S.
Why take WIN?
- Find jobs that fit your skills and interests.
- Better determine your skill improvements and training needs.
- Improve your opportunities for career changes and advancement.
- Attach your CRC to your resume and show employers concrete proof of the skills you have achieved
- Used in hiring process by variety of companies throughout South Carolina and nationally recognized.