For up-to-date answers to issues concerning classes, financial aid, graduation, and hours of operation, please see our Student Information page.
Learn about the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, which includes funds to assist qualified students in need during the pandemic.
Week of 10/20/20 Update:
We applaud your persistence as you pursue your education goals during this challenging time. HGTC promises to continue to be here for you, while keeping your health and safety our top priority. Fall registration is currently available, and we are taking important steps to enhance our support for you.
We are excited to announce our updated plans for a phased reopening of our physical offices. Admissions, Financial Aid, the Registrar’s Office, the Testing Center, the Library, Tech Central and Student Accounts continue to be open to provide services to students. Advising and counseling services will be available to students in a face-to-face setting, by appointment. To schedule an advising appointment, email email@example.com. To schedule a counseling appointment, email Kimberly.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consider these points before visiting campus.
- Face coverings are required in our buildings and in outdoor areas where social distancing is not possible.
- Individuals are responsible for providing their own masks or face coverings. Information about how to make your own face covering can be found at the CDC website.
- Students, visitors, and employees should maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet from other individuals.
- Offices and departments may have specific guidelines about capacity/occupancy limits posted so that social distancing may be maintained.
- Before returning to campus, please consider each question below. If you answer “yes”
to any of these, please notify your faculty member and do not report to any campus,
lab, clinical, or internship to minimize the possibility of spreading COVID-19.
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Have you been exposed to COVID-19?
- Have you been exposed to anyone who has been quarantined or in isolation due to COVID-19?
- Have you traveled internationally in the last 14 days?
- Have you traveled outside the immediate area by commercial air or other transportation?
- Have you had a fever, cough, difficulty in breathing, loss of sense of smell, or loss or sense of taste during the last 14 days?
- Have you been around anyone who is ill with fever, cough, difficulty in breathing, loss of sense of smell, or loss or sense of taste during the last 14 days?
- HGTC students who are experiencing any of the above-mentioned symptoms (or other influenza-like
illnesses) are encouraged to call the Office of Student Affairs at 843-349-7550. We are here to support you.
- Certain academic programs may ask students to complete a self-checklist daily as a requirement before students are permitted to participate in hands-on and/or laboratory activities. Specific guidance regarding the self-checklist will be provided by individual faculty members.
- If you need services and do not have a mask or if you are unable to wear a mask, several
options exist for you to receive services, including telephone assistance, email assistance,
and virtual meetings. These options are listed below.
You can call 843-347-3186 to speak with a College representative.
You can call 843-349-8324 to speak with a Technology Support Specialist.
Admissions email@example.com Advising firstname.lastname@example.org Financial Aid email@example.com Tuition Payment firstname.lastname@example.org Technology Help email@example.com Tutorial Assistance firstname.lastname@example.org
Live Chat: TECH Talk.
Your cooperation during this process will help our College community stay safe during the COVID-19 situation. We are committed to providing you with outstanding learning opportunities and the quality support and service you deserve.
Communicable Diseases and Pandemics are specifically addressed in HGTC‘s Emergency Response Manual (on page 35).
In preparation for flu season and in response to prior epidemics, HGTC has taken extensive precautionary measures to minimize the spreading of germs/diseases. We continue to encourage our community to take the necessary precautions and exercise good health practices.
To learn more about preventive health practices, please refer to the CDC and SC DHEC websites. To receive College updates on the impact of COVID-19 outbreak, please regularly monitor HGTC email, social media, and this website for any changes in operations.
As questions and concerns continue to arise, please do not hesitate to contact one of the following: