CDL Training School
Horry-Georgetown Technical College’s CDL Training School aims to provide students with the highest quality of commercial motor vehicle driver training and strives to put forth every effort to emphasize the importance of safety and professionalism. One-hundred and sixty (160) hours of exceptional professional training is provided in classroom studies, hands-on training, range skills, and on-the-road instruction. In five (5) weeks, students can be licensed and ready to begin a new career. Entry into the program is limited, so call now for more information (843) 477-2020.
- Current copy of the student’s South Carolina driver’s license.
- Current official 10-year driver record obtainable from the local SCDMV.
- Current SLED background check (can be obtained at the HGTC WDCE office-will need a SLED consent form, your full name, social security number, and date of birth).
- WIN, WorkKeys or the college placement assessment scores less than 5-years old from date of enrollment (can be obtained at an HGTC testing center).
- Fluent in the English language, both spoken and written.
- Ability to pass the Department of Transportation physical and drug screen with a minimum of 20/40 vision in each eye with or without corrective lenses, and no defects or diseases that would interfere with safely operating the equipment used throughout the training.
- A beginner’s permit must be obtained before the first day of class. This is done after the physical is passed by going to the DMV and taking and passing the required test.
Cost of Program: $4595