Horry-Georgetown Technical College is working with industry leaders to offer an Automotive Technician Program starting January 2023. HGTC aims to provide students with the highest quality of classroom and hands-on education while also emphasizing on the importance of safety and professionalism which will prepare the student to enter the workforce as an Automotive Technician.
Within the first semester students will learn about hydro-boost power brakes and vacuum power brakes as well as master cylinders and caliper rebuilding, the basic study of the diagnostic procedures used to locate and repair internal engine malfunctions, the fundamentals of steering, suspension and alignment and includes inspection, diagnostics, maintenance and repair of systems and common welding and techniques/equipment used currently in trades and industry.
- Automotive Braking System
- Automotive Engine Repair
- Auto Steering/Suspension/Align
- Welding (Automotive Technology)
- Manual Drive Train and Axle
- Electrical Systems
- Heating and Air Conditioning
- Emissions Systems
- Ignition and Fuel Systems
- Automatic Transmission
- Auto Diagnosis and Repair
* Classes are subject to being updated and changed due to industry/employer needs.
Please contact Workforce Development at email@example.com for more information as entry into the program is limited.