STEPS Session - Physical Therapist Assistant Associate Degree
Submission of this form verifies that I have viewed the above STEPS session and understand that to be eligible for a seat in the Physical Therapist Assistant program at HGTC I must:
- Apply to and be accepted at HGTC.
- Submit official high school transcript (with graduation date) or copy of GED.
- Submit official college transcript of any other college(s) attended.
- Sign and submit the “Additional Admission/ Placement Requirement Affidavit” (Background Check Affidavit).
- Complete the prerequisite courses: ENG 101, MAT 110 or 120, BIO 210 (5 yr. time limit), BIO 211 (5 yr. time limit), PSY 201, and a humanities course. Must have grades of C’s or higher, and a GPA of 2.5, on all Prereq and General Education courses.
- View the PTA Departmental Information Session online www.hgtc.edu/healthscience – 2 year time limit.
- Complete, and submit with your PTA application, proof of 20 hours of observations in a PT facility- 3 year time limit.
- You may not be on academic or disciplinary suspension when you apply.
- PTA applications must be submitted by the May 15th deadline to the Admissions office on any campus.
- If you receive notice that you are admitted to the Physical Therapist Assistant program, you will then receive follow up instructions. You must be prepared to complete a Health Physical and submit required immunizations, complete and pass a Certified Background Check and Drug Screening, submit a $500.00 deposit to hold your seat, and show proof of current HealthCare Providers CPR.
- Submit the Required Steps Session Checklist below, verifying completion of the STEPS session, and indicating interest in admission to the Physical Therapist Assistant program.
Completion of these requirements does not guarantee acceptance into HGTC’s PTA program.
Required STEPS Checklist
I have read the requirements for admission into the Health Science program at Horry-Georgetown Technical College and I understand that I must fulfill these requirements in order to be eligible for admission: