Marketing and Public Relations
The Marketing and Public Relations Department at Horry-Georgetown Technical College is responsible for publications, photography, print & digital advertising, social media, web content and media relations for the College.
We are responsible for creating a clear and consistent brand image of the College which includes logo usage and identity standards. Our department also facilitates interviews, places news releases and features in media outlets, generates news tips, and arranges advertising.
To ensure quality and consistency, any messaging that promotes the College must be approved by Marketing.
The department provides a variety of services:
- Developing copy, designs, and materials for promoting and sharing information about the College with internal and external audiences through a variety of media. This includes the College's website; social media; publications; advertisements for print, radio, and television; designs for promotional items and recruitment materials; fliers, banners, and signage; forms for external use; and multimedia presentations as appropriate.
- A resource for special events.
- Public Relations requests and media inquiries.
- The liaison for media contacts with appropriate college personnel as appropriate.
- Sustaining an active social media presence that promotes HGTC in ways that inspire public awareness of and affiliation with the college.