Alpha Nu Sigma Chapter is Top Chapter in the World
Phi Theta Kappa Catalyst Honors HGTC Alpha Nu Sigma Chapter.
(left to right) Tanya Moser, Officer; Ryan Fries, Officer; Michelle Hernandez, President; Laura LaFave; Linxi Sun, Officer; Eliza Edwards; Beth Carraway, Professor, Advisor; Leila Rogers, Professor, Advisor; Paulette LaValley, Admissions Specialist, Advisor.
Horry-Georgetown Technical College (HGTC) Alpha Nu Sigma Chapter Members and Advisors received International Awards at the Phi Theta Kappa Catalyst April 20-23, 2023 in Columbus, Ohio. The HGTC Alpha Nu Sigma Chapter received the Most Distinguished Chapter award as the top chapter out of more than 1250 chapters in the world.
Other awards include:
- Distinguished Chapter Member - Laura LaFave (out of only 30 in the world)
- Distinguished Chapter Officer - Michelle Hernandez (out of only 30 in the world)
- Distinguished Honors in Action Theme Award
- Distinguished College Project (one of only 51 in the world)
- Distinguished Honors in Action Project (one of only 50 in the world)
- Distinguished Chapter (top 50 chapters in the world)
“This is an astonishing achievement for our HGTC students and advisors. I continue to be amazed at what the HGTC Alpha Nu Sigma Chapter accomplishes every year and the ongoing devotion and passion for the work. To achieve the most distinguished chapter in the world exceeds all our expectations. These leadership experiences will follow our students throughout their careers,” said Dr. Marilyn Murphy Fore, HGTC President.