Student Information Center: TECH Central
Interested and current students as well as community members are always welcome to contact the Student Information Center also known as TECH Central and Information Desks at Conway and Grand Strand. Please visit our Contact Us page to call us, or text us.
Student Information Center: TECH Central services include:
- Placement Test Preparation
- Getting around HGTC: General information, guidance for enrollment, financial aid, registration, and payment plan support
- Get your College ID
- Online Resource Center (ORC) for Placement Test Prep tools, technology education, & more
- Technology support and training
- Technology, academic, professional & personal skills sessions and workshops
- Additional services, such as reviewing Degree Works or scheduling SSTC or testing center appointments
- General enrollment support and new Placement Preparation resources (ask us about this!)
- Information Desk support at Conway and Grand Strand campuses
- Course registration, financial aid and payment plan guidance
- Need to locate your professor's office or class's meeting location?
- What if my email does not work? Come see us to help troubleshoot your WaveNet email in collaboration with HGTC's Helpdesk
- Get your College ID! ID cards are required for certain services and student engagements. Student ID's will only be issued when a current picture ID and a copy of the current semester schedule are presented. Students should replace lost ID cards immediately, a $5 replacement fee is required.
Access the TECH Central Online Resource Center (ORC)
- Access the WaveNet and Class Registration Guide
- Access HGTC Placement Test Prep training and studying resources
- Access and watch recorded information sessions and workshops - Technology and more
- Learn more about Technology with webinar trainings and other technology guides
Placement Test Support - Independent Study and Placement Skills Program
Two options for placement test preparation are available to you before you take or
prior to retaking the placement test. Visit our Online Resource Center to learn more about the two options - Independent Study and the Placement Skills
Technology support and training
- Learning how to use WaveNet and Desire2Learn (D2L)
- Need help with Microsoft Word or other general technology?
- Need help with technology on your own time? Access the ORC above
- Need help navigating and using the ORC? Visit us on campus or visit the student services tab in WaveNet; you can also chat with us online using Live Chat in the ORC
Attend information sessions and workshops
- Drop in for Financial Aid and Degreeworks Assistance
- Computer/Internet Navigation; Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and more
- Personal Development and Finance Workshops
- Academic Enhancement, such as Study Skills and Note-Taking, provided through the SSTC
Other reasons to visit your Student Information Center: TECH Central:
- Review Degree Works for required program courses and register for classes
- Check and print course schedules, add/drop classes, check grades
- Attend online or in-person New Student Orientations
- Schedule Testing Center appointments
- Schedule tutoring appointments for the SSTC
- To ask any question at all!
Horry Georgetown Technical College's Student Information Center: TECH Central will meet the collegiate guidance needs of all individuals in an accessible, learning-centered environment while focused on creating a culture of technology excellence.
The Student Information Center: TECH Central will support the mission of the College by providing quality enrollment, collegiate guidance, and technology support services to allow users to experience a positive, streamlined college enrollment process and to increase technology and life-long learning skills.
The Student Information Center: TECH Central is available at Conway and Grand Strand Campuses:
Conway: Building 1100, Room 132D
Grand Strand: Building 200, Room 136
Visit our website or live chat at www.hgtc.edu/techcentral or text 843-375-8552 for more information on The Student Information Center: TECH Central. Access the Student Information Center: TECH Central website or the Student Services tab for technology tutorials. Follow us on social media: @hgtctechcentral