Student Information Center: WaveNet Central (WNC)
Our mission is to assist current students, prospective students, and community members with quality enrollment, collegiate guidance, and technology support services resulting in a positive, streamlined college enrollment experience and an increase in student learning of technology and life-long skills.
WNC services include:
- Getting around HGTC: General information and guidance for enrollment!
- Use the Online Resource Center (ORC) for COMPASS support, technology education, and online tools
- Technology support and training
- Technology, information, academic, professional & personal skills sessions
- Additional services such as reviewing Degree Works or scheduling testing center appointments
1. Getting Around HGTC
- General enrollment support, including providing you access to The Start Right Experience online and in-person (see the EVENTS calendar to the right for in-person session times) and new Compass skills resources (ask us about this!)
- Course registration, financial aid and payment plan guidance
- Need to locate your professor's office or class's meeting location?
- What if my email does not work? Come see us to help troubleshoot your WaveNet email in collaboration with HGTC's Helpdesk
2. Access the WNC Online Resource Center (ORC)
- Access the WaveNet and Class Registration Guide
- Access COMPASS Placement Test training and studying resources, including information about the new Compass Skills Center
- Access and watch recorded information sessions and workshops
- Learn more about Technology with webinar trainings and other technology guides
3. Technology support and training
- Learning how to use WaveNet and Desire2Learn (D2L)
- Need help with Microsoft Word or other general technology?
- Need help with technology on your own time? Access the ORC above
- Need help navigating and using the ORC? Visit us on campus or visit the student services tab in WaveNet; you can also chat with us online using Live Chat in the ORC
4. Attend information sessions and workshops (View EVENTS listing on the right for times/locations)
- The Start Right Experience
- Financial Aid and Degree Works Drop In Sessions
- Computer/Internet Navigation; Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher
- Personal Development and Finance Workshops
- Career Development provided through the Career Resource Center
- Academic Enhancement, such as Study Skills and Note-Taking, provided through the SSTC
5. Other reasons to visit your Student Information Center: WaveNet Central:
- Review Degree Works for required program courses and register for classes
- Check and print course schedules, add/drop classes, check grades
- Attend online or in-person New Student Orientations
- Schedule Testing Center appointments
- Schedule tutoring appointments for the SSTC
Our vision is to enthusiastically meet the collegiate guidance needs of all individuals in an accessible, learning-centered environment while focused on creating a culture of technology excellence.