Interested and current students as well as community members are always welcome to contact the Student Information Center also known as WaveNet Central (WNC) and Information Desks at Conway and Grand Strand. Please visit our Contact Us page to call us, or text us.
Student Information Center: WaveNet Central (WNC) services include:
- Getting around HGTC: General information, guidance for enrollment, and registration support
- Online Resource Center (ORC) for COMPASS tools, technology education, & more
- Compass Placement Test Preparation
- Technology support and training
- Technology, information, academic, professional & personal skills sessions and workshops
- Additional services, such as reviewing Degree Works or scheduling testing center appointments
- General enrollment support, including providing you access to The Start Right Experience online and new COMPASS Placement Preparation resources (ask us about this!)
- Get your College ID!
- Information Desk support at Conway and Grand Strand campuses
- Course registration, financial aid and payment plan guidance
- Need to locate your professor's office or class's meeting location?
- What if my email does not work? Come see us to help troubleshoot your WaveNet email in collaboration with HGTC's Helpdesk
Access the WNC Online Resource Center (ORC)
- Access the WaveNet and Class Registration Guide
- Access COMPASS Placement Test training and studying resources
- Access and watch recorded information sessions and workshops - Technology and more
- Learn more about Technology with webinar trainings and other technology guides
Compass Placement Test - Independent Study and Compass Skills Center
The Independent Study program is available to new and current students who would like
to improve their Compass Placement Test scores in an independent format. Initial Assessments
are required to identify the student's areas of improvement in a program called Learning
Express Library. Students who complete the program and increase their scores are able
to re-take the Compass Placement Test free-of-charge! Receive Free Math and English support from experienced instructors at Conway campus.
The Compass Skills Center is available May 11, 2015-July 31, 2015. Register in your campus WaveNet Central to participate. Enter this support program to receive support services from qualified academic coaches. Independent work is required outside of academic coaching sessions. Students who complete the program and increase their scores are able to re-take the Compass Placement Test free-of-charge!
Technology support and training
- Learning how to use WaveNet and Desire2Learn (D2L)
- Need help with Microsoft Word or other general technology?
- Need help with technology on your own time? Access the ORC above
- Need help navigating and using the ORC? Visit us on campus or visit the student services tab in WaveNet; you can also chat with us online using Live Chat in the ORC
- The Start Right Experience - required for new students!
- Drop in for Financial Aid and Degreeworks Assistance
- Computer/Internet Navigation; Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and more
- Personal Development and Finance Workshops
- Academic Enhancement, such as Study Skills and Note-Taking, provided through the SSTC
- See all events
Other reasons to visit your Student Information Center: WaveNet Central:
- Review Degree Works for required program courses and register for classes
- Check and print course schedules, add/drop classes, check grades
- Attend online or in-person New Student Orientations
- Schedule Testing Center appointments
- Schedule tutoring appointments for the SSTC
- To ask any question at all!
Horry Georgetown Technical College's Student Information Center: WaveNet Central will meet the collegiate guidance needs of all individuals in an accessible, learning-centered environment while focused on creating a culture of technology excellence.
The Student Information Center: WaveNet Central will support the mission of the College by providing quality enrollment, collegiate guidance, and technology support services to allow users to experience a positive, streamlined college enrollment process and to increase technology and life-long learning skills.