Interested and current students as well as community members are always welcome to contact the Student Information Center also known as WaveNet Central (WNC) and Information Desks at Conway and Grand Strand. Please visit our Contact Us page to call us, text us, or chat LIVE now.
Student Information Center: WaveNet Central (WNC) services include:
- Learn to get around HGTC: General information, guidance for enrollment, and registration support
- An Online Resource Center (ORC) for COMPASS tools, technology education, & more
- Compass Skills Center
- Technology support and training
- Technology, information, academic, professional & personal skills sessions and workshops
- Additional services, such as reviewing Degree Works or scheduling testing center appointments
Getting Around HGTC
- General enrollment support, including providing you access to The Start Right Experience online and new COMPASS Placement Preparation resources (ask us about this!)
- Information Desk support at Conway and Grand Strand campuses
- Course registration, financial aid and payment plan guidance
- Need to locate your professor's office or class's meeting location?
- What if my email does not work? Come see us to help troubleshoot your WaveNet email in collaboration with HGTC's Helpdesk
Access the WNC Online Resource Center (ORC)
- Access the WaveNet and Class Registration Guide
- Access COMPASS Placement Test training and studying resources, including information about the new Compass Skills Center
- Access and watch recorded information sessions and workshops
- Learn more about Technology with webinar trainings and other technology guides
Attend the Compass Skills Center
Available to new and current students who would like to improve their Compass Placement Test Scores Receive Free Math and English support from experienced instructors Initial Assessments are required to identify the student's areas of improvement. Students who complete the program are able to re-take the Compass Placement Test Free of charge! The Center is only available during certain dates and times during the semester, on all three campuses.
Technology support and training
- Learning how to use WaveNet and Desire2Learn (D2L)
- Need help with Microsoft Word or other general technology?
- Need help with technology on your own time? Access the ORC above
- Need help navigating and using the ORC? Visit us on campus or visit the student services tab in WaveNet; you can also chat with us online using Live Chat in the ORC
- The Start Right Experience
- Financial Aid and Degree Works Drop In Sessions
- Computer/Internet Navigation; Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher
- Personal Development and Finance Workshops
- Career Development provided through the Career Resource Center
- Academic Enhancement, such as Study Skills and Note-Taking, provided through the SSTC
- See all events
Other reasons to visit your Student Information Center: WaveNet Central:
- Review Degree Works for required program courses and register for classes
- Check and print course schedules, add/drop classes, check grades
- Attend online or in-person New Student Orientations
- Schedule Testing Center appointments
- Schedule tutoring appointments for the SSTC
- To ask any question at all!
Our vision is to enthusiastically meet the collegiate guidance needs of all individuals in an accessible, learning-centered environment while focused on creating a culture of technology excellence.
We provide quality enrollment, collegiate guidance, and technology support services. Our goal is that our services will allow you to experience a positive, streamlined college enrollment process and to increase your technology and life-long skills.