Student Information Center: WaveNet Central (WNC)
Interested and current students as well as community members are always welcome to contact the Student Information Center also known as WaveNet Central (WNC). Please visit our Contact Us page to call us or click the green ASK US tab on this page to chat. We provide quality enrollment, collegiate guidance, and technology support services. Our goal is that our services will allow you to experience a positive, streamlined college enrollment process and to increase your technology and life-long skills.
WNC services include:
- Getting around HGTC: General information and guidance for enrollment
- Use the Online Resource Center (ORC) for COMPASS support, technology education, and online tools
- Compass Skills Center
- Technology support and training
- Technology, information, academic, professional & personal skills sessions
- Additional services such as reviewing Degree Works or scheduling testing center appointments
Getting Around HGTC
- General enrollment support, including providing you access to The Start Right Experience online and in-person (see the EVENTS calendar to the right for in-person session times) and new Compass skills resources (ask us about this!)
- Course registration, financial aid and payment plan guidance
- Need to locate your professor's office or class's meeting location?
- What if my email does not work? Come see us to help troubleshoot your WaveNet email in collaboration with HGTC's Helpdesk
Access the WNC Online Resource Center (ORC)
- Access the WaveNet and Class Registration Guide
- Access COMPASS Placement Test training and studying resources, including information about the new Compass Skills Center
- Access and watch recorded information sessions and workshops
- Learn more about Technology with webinar trainings and other technology guides
Attend the Compass Skills Center
Available to new and current students who would like to improve their Compass Placement Test Scores Receive Free Math and English support from experienced instructors Initial Assessments are required to identify the student's areas of improvement. Students who complete the program are able to re-take the Compass Placement Test Free of charge! The Center is only available during certain dates and times during the semester, on all three campuses.
Technology support and training
- Learning how to use WaveNet and Desire2Learn (D2L)
- Need help with Microsoft Word or other general technology?
- Need help with technology on your own time? Access the ORC above
- Need help navigating and using the ORC? Visit us on campus or visit the student services tab in WaveNet; you can also chat with us online using Live Chat in the ORC
- The Start Right Experience
- Financial Aid and Degree Works Drop In Sessions
- Computer/Internet Navigation; Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher
- Personal Development and Finance Workshops
- Career Development provided through the Career Resource Center
- Academic Enhancement, such as Study Skills and Note-Taking, provided through the SSTC
- See all events
Other reasons to visit your Student Information Center: WaveNet Central:
- Review Degree Works for required program courses and register for classes
- Check and print course schedules, add/drop classes, check grades
- Attend online or in-person New Student Orientations
- Schedule Testing Center appointments
- Schedule tutoring appointments for the SSTC
Our vision is to enthusiastically meet the collegiate guidance needs of all individuals in an accessible, learning-centered environment while focused on creating a culture of technology excellence.