Student Information Center: WaveNet Central
Interested and current students as well as community members are always welcome to contact the Student Information Center also known as WaveNet Central (WNC) and Information Desks at Conway and Grand Strand. WNC will support the mission of the College by providing quality enrollment, collegiate guidance, and technology support services to allow users to experience a positive, streamlined college enrollment process and to increase technology and life-long learning skills. Please visit our Contact Us page to call, email or for on-campus locations. View a short video regarding our services here.
- The Start Right Experience
- Placement Test Preparation
- Getting around HGTC: General information, guidance for enrollment, financial aid, registration, and payment plan support
- Get your College ID Card
- Online Resource Center (ORC) for registration assistance, technology tutorials for D2L and WaveNet, technology tips, & more
- Additional services, such as technology support and training on campus, reviewing Degree Works for advisement information, or scheduling SSTC or Testing Center appointments
Placement Test Preparation - Independent Study and Placement Skills Program
- Information Desk support at Conway and Grand Strand campuses
- College enrollment process, course registration, financial aid and payment plan guidance
- Assistance in locating professor's offices, class's meeting locations, and more
- What if your email does not work? Come see us to help troubleshoot your WaveNet email in collaboration with HGTC's Helpdesk
- Get your College ID! ID cards are required for certain services and student engagements. Student ID's will only be issued when a current picture ID and a copy of the current semester schedule are presented. Students should replace lost ID cards immediately, a $5 replacement fee is required and payable to Student Accounts.
- Access the WaveNet and Class Registration Guide
- Access HGTC Placement Test Prep training and studying resources
- Access and watch recorded information sessions and workshops - Technology and more
- Visit the Online Resource Center now!
- Obtain on-campus technology training for WaveNet, D2L, Microsoft, and course program technologies
- Review Degree Works for required program courses
- Check and print course schedules, add/drop/register for classes, check grades
- Attend online or in-person New Student Orientations and Distance Learning Course Orientation
- Schedule Testing Center appointments
- Schedule SSTC tutoring/coaching appointments
- Learn how to use SSTC's 24/7 online tutoring service, Brainfuse
- To ask any question at all!
Share Your Story
We would love to hear from you! Please email us to tell us about your experience using HGTC's Student Information Center: WaveNet Central services
Watch this Student Information Center: WaveNet Central training video on using D2L for class at HGTC. Please click the bottom right-hand corner to enlarge the video into full-screen.
For more tutorials, visit our Online Resource Center or your Student Services tab in WaveNet.
Connect with us
"Service was excellent and done in a timely manner."
"[WNC Staff are] always a great help! When my computer goes crazy, [they] always goes above the call of duty to help!"
"Very friendly and approachable!!! And most importantly, very helpful!!!"
"I appreciate her undivided attention and friendly disposition; she gave me some practical choices to consider academically and for a lifetime."
"Thank you for helping me get my emails to my phone. You are a life saver."
"Very quick and helpful. I love this service!"
"I love coming in here to do my CPT work. It's a very nice place to come and get help when I need it. Thanks again for WNC. [Staff] is AWESOME!"
"She was a great help because I was completely lost and she showed me everthing I needed and more. She was wonderful."
"The staff were courteous and helpful and encouraging to a senior citizen returning to school."
"Thank you for doing a great job and for your customer service! We appreciate everything you do!"