Register now for Fall Classes
New Workforce Scholarship will be offered this Fall!
- Download the Workforce application here! or call 843-349-5251 for more information. Fall classes begin August 28!
Fall Class Start Dates:
- August 28 (Full Term & Fast Forward I)
- September 18 (Flex Start)
- October 18 (Fast Forward II)
New & Continuing Student Registration Information
- Apply Now
- Visit Admissions to learn about your next steps, and how to enroll
- View Fall 2017 Class Schedules for complete listing and availability
- Contact an Academic Advisor with questions about your class selection
- View Financial Aid information, and tuition dates and deadlines.
Financial Aid Deadlines for Fall 2017
- April 1 - Reminder: Priority deadline Fall 2017 Financial Aid
- June 19 - Documents deadline Fall 2017 Financial Aid
- July 25 - Reminder: First tuition deadline Fall 2017 purge for non-payment
FALL SEMESTER 2017
- August 10 - Late Registration Fees apply for Fall 2017 classes
- August 21 - Academic Advising Days/Professional Development (Admin Days)
- August 21 - Academic Year begins – Faculty return Contract Begins
- August 22 - Deadline for Financial Aid Appeals
- August 22 - Reminder: Final tuition deadline Fall semester and purge for non-payment
- August 28 - Classes begin – Full Fall Semester and Fast Forward I
- Aug 28 -Sept 6 - Report of Non-Attendance Full Fall and Fast Forward I
- August 29 - Last Day to Add/Drop for Fast Forward I
- September 1 - Last Day to Add/Drop for Full Fall Semester
- September 4 - Labor Day Holiday – College closed (FNWD)
- September 7 - Purge for Non-Attendance Full Term and Fast Forward I
- September 18 - Classes begin – Flex Start
- September 19 - Reminder: Purge for non-payment
- Sept 18 - 20 - Report of Non-Attendance Flex Start
- September 20 - Last day to Add/Drop for Flex Start
- September 21 - Purge Non-attendance
- September 27 - Deadline for withdrawals non-punitive grade – Fast Forward I
- October 2 - Graduation Application Deadline for Fall 2017
- October 2 - Academic Advising for Spring 2018 – Schedule Viewable in Wavenet
- October 16 - Registration begins for Spring 2018
- October 16 - Last Day of Classes for Fast Forward I
- October 17 - Exams Fast Forward I
- October 18 - Grades due for Fast Forward I by 12 noon
- October 18 - Classes begin – Fast Forward II
- October 18-22 - Report of Non-Attendance Fast Forward II
- October 19 - Last Day to Add/Drop for Fast Forward II
- October 23 - Documents deadline Spring 2017 Financial Aid
- October 24 - Purge Non-Attendance Fast Forward II
- October 24 - Reminder: Purge Non-Payment
- November 8 - Deadline for withdrawals non-punitive grade – Full Fall & Flex Start
- November 20 - Deadline for withdrawals non-punitive grade – Fast Forward II
- November 22 - No Classes, College Closed at 1:45 pm (FNWD)
- Nov 23-24 - Thanksgiving Holidays (FNWD)
- December 1 - Registration begins for Maymester 2018
- December 6 - Reminder: First tuition deadline Spring 2018 purge for non-payment
- December 6 - Last Day of Classes for Full Fall, Flex Start and Fast Forward II
- December 5 - Full Fall & Flex Start - Last T only class
- December 6 - Full Fall & Flex Start – Last W only class
- December 5 - Full Fall & Flex Start – Last TR and Thursday only class
- December 4 - Full Fall & Flex Start – last MW, MWF, and Monday only class
- Dec 7-11 - Exams Full Fall & Flex Start
- December 12 - Grades due by 5:00 pm
- Dec 13 - 18 - Faculty Advising/Professional Development (Admin Days)
- December 14 - Students can view grades 5:00 pm / Financial Aid Status Viewable
- Dec 19 - Jan 1 - Winter Break (FNWD)
- See the academic calendar for all important dates and deadlines
- Attend New Student Orientation either In-person or Online
Find out everything you need to know about getting around at HGTC
- Need to pay a bill, change your schedule, find your H number? Visit The Wavenet Central Student Information Center on any campus for answers to frequently asked questions.
- Hungry? find out what dining options are available at HGTC!
- Lost? HGTC will have staff on hand in each building during the first week of classes to help you find your way, or download campus maps here.
- Purchase text books: The Barnes and Noble Bookstore is located on every campus; bring your class schedule to select the correct books and materials.
- Need a Campus ID or Parking permit?
Parking decals can be obtained at any Campus Public Safety Office. You will need to bring: current vehicle registration card, valid driver's license, and HGTC identification number ("H" number).
- Have questions about Email, D2l? Contact email@example.com or call 843-349-5340
- Get involved at HGTC: Learn more about what clubs and organizations are offered.
- See College Catalog/Student Handbook: Get detailed answers to your questions, important phone numbers, student policies, and more.
- Check class schedules before classes begin: Be sure to check the campus location of each class; look for location on your schedule. Make sure each class is on the campus you plan to attend. Avoid unnecessary travel time. Notice the start date of your class; some classes are LATE START!
Class schedules legend:
- CON: Conway
- GTW: Georgetown
- GS: Grand Strand
- INT: Internet
- HYB: Hybrid