Continuing Education, Job Training and Workforce Development
South Carolina’s Technical College System was established in the 1960s to train citizens for jobs. While all academic programs at HGTC provide job training, there are a number of additional job training options for local companies, industrial prospects, and individuals who do not wish to enroll in college but need job training for immediate employment.
Division of Workforce Development
The Division of Workforce Development teaches non-credit courses that train adults
of all ages and backgrounds, regardless of education. Anyone can enroll in non-credit
classes without providing transcripts or taking admissions tests. Whether you want to learn new skills or enhance skills for a career, keep current in your
field, get needed continuing education units (CEUs) to maintain your certification, or just want to learn for the pleasure of personal
enrichment, we have something for you.
Taking classes is easy and enjoyable without any "red-tape" hassles:
- Take quality courses on-campus or online
- No transcripts
- No admission fees, you pay per course
- Low cost
- Learn what you want, begin when you want
- Quality courses in class or online
From health care to trade certification, HGTC offers training!
Non- Credit Allied Health Certificate Programs include:
- Nurse Aide (C.N.A.)
- Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
- EKG Monitor Technician (CET)
- Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS)
- EMT Basic
- Medical Billing and Coding (CBCS)
- Mental Health Technician (MHT)
- Patient Care Technician (CPCT)
- Veterinary Assistant
Horry Georgetown Technical College offers short-term occupational development and certification training and testing programs in the following areas:
- Home Inspection
- Real Estate, and Appraisal
- Property Management
- Certified Pool & Spa Operator
- Tractor-Trailer Truck Driving (CDL)
- Personal Trainer
HGTC also offers customized training for your business. Let us put together a proposal based upon your needs.
For information regarding our Workforce Development Division or to discuss special training for your employees, please call (843) 477-2191.