PAC: Personalized Academic Coaching Program
The PAC program provides HGTC students with regularly scheduled academic/Writing Center support, mentoring, and/or college skills coaching in the Student Success and Tutoring Center. Each participant is paired with an experienced coach for one-on-one weekly appointment for the duration of the semester.
Benefits of the Program:
- Personalized assistance
- Tutoring and coaching services
- Higher satisfaction
- Greater confidence, commitment and motivation to achieve
- Greater chance of retention and support to reach your graduation goals
Who Is Eligible to Participate?
The program is open to all HGTC students, including, but not limited to, students who may be:
- Repeating a course(s)
- First-year freshman
- English as a Second Language
How Do I Start?
- I agree to attend tutoring on time every week at a time agreed upon between myself and the SSTC
- If I am unable to attend, I will contact the SSTC prior to my appointment to cancel
- I will attend all classes, take notes, and be prepared for my tutoring sessions by knowing what I need help and assistance with
- I will check my email and phone messages on a regular basis (at least once per day) in case the SSTC has contacted me regarding my tutoring
- I understand that repeated absences without cancelling in advance will result in termination of my PAC agreement and cancellation of my tutoring appointments
- I understand that my tutor will not help me directly with any work that will be submitted for a grade
- I will complete any survey or evaluation of my experience with the SSTC and with the PAC program if asked
- I understand that I may be referred to other campus resources as needed (counseling, TECH Central, my professor, etc.)
- I will bring all material and assignments with me to each tutoring session