OIT Support Services for Faculty & Staff
The OIT Help Desk Center offers various services for Faculty and Staff including hardware/software support, teleconferencing and much more.
Video, Web and Telephone Conferencing
OIT offers Video, Web and Telephone conferencing to Faculty and Staff that saves travel time and money!
Microsoft O365 available for download
Faculty & Staff can download Microsoft Office 365 Free of charge while employed with the
college. Install on up to 5 compatible PCs and Macs. Please note: These installs are only to be used on your personal devices, any college owned device
is covered under a different licensing structure. You can also install Microsoft
Office 365, with read-only access, on up to 5 tablets.
To get your Microsoft Office 365 for home use, follow these simple steps:
1. Visit http://login.microsoftonline.com
2. Sign in with your credentials
Faculty/Staff: Faculty/Staff login credentials will be your HGTC email address and password.
Conway Campus: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grand Strand Campus: email@example.com
Georgetown Campus: firstname.lastname@example.org
All Adjuncts: email@example.com
3. On the download site, select your language and click install
Faculty & Staff Support & Training
- Phone Overview
- Voice Mail Options - changing passwords, setting out of office greetings, forwarding messages, accessing Voice Messages on and off campus
- Conference call features -initiating conferences, joining a conference in progress
- Phone functioning features -Park, Hold, Transfer, Call Forwarding, Corporate & Personal directories.
OIT Help Desk Center
- Login - Accessing your Track-It account
- Create - Creating Work Order requests
- Checking - Checking the status of open Work Orders
- Modifying - Modifying existing Work Order request
- Review - Review your request history
Skype for Business (aka Lync)
- Key Uses - Departmental meetings and Office
- Essential Features -Desktop/application sharing, share keyboard & mouse controls, drawing tools
- Instant Online - One click meeting, scheduling or meet now