As you continue your journey at HGTC, we would like to express our sincere gratitude and admiration for your efforts to maintain your studies during these challenging times while adhering to our COVID-19 protocols. We are so proud of both your educational accomplishments and commitment to the safety of our College community.
In envisioning our Fall 2021 schedule, we are excited to increase our in-person experiences. In addition to our face-to-face courses, we will also continue to offer courses in a variety of formats (hybrid, synchronous and online) so you may choose the option best suited for you, your schedule, and your success.
There are still factors to consider. We cannot predict how many students or community members will be vaccinated by the start of the fall semester, nor what impact, if any, variant strains of the virus may have. As such, we must remain flexible to review and possibly change course formats as we move closer to the actual start of classes as we continue to assess the situation at that time and the safety of our campus community. Students will be notified if at any time a change in course format needs to be made and we will provide advising support to you in re-examining your options.
Fall registration is currently open for classes beginning August 23rd. To Register:
- Register for classes by going into your student myHGTC account on the Registration Tools card. If you need assistance in registering for classes, use the instructions below to connect with an advisor.
- Continuing Students: If you are a continuing student, you can email your Student Development Coordinator or Faculty Advisor. You can find the name of your Student Development Coordinator and the name of your Faculty Advisor in Degree Works. Degree Works is available online through your student myHGTC account.
- New Students: Advising is offered through HGTC’s Student Development Coordinators. Email email@example.com to schedule an appointment to talk with an advisor and receive help.
- Submit your FAFSA: Free Application for Federal Student Aid, if you have not already done so. Visit the FAFSA website. HGTC’s School Code is 004925.
Please be assured the health and well-being of our students, faculty, staff, and community remain HGTC’s #1 priority. Very likely, some of the current COVID protocols will continue to be in effect in Fall 2021, e.g., face coverings for certain areas, social distancing, cleaning, etc. as we continue to provide a safe learning environment. We are also committed to providing the highest quality learning experience possible. We will abide by both of these principles as we plan for, and ultimately deliver to our students Fall semester 2021.
Consider these points before visiting campus.
- All students are encouraged to get vaccinated. A list of vaccine sites can be found at the SC DHEC website.
- Face coverings are required in all high traffic areas where close contact is unavoidable. Areas that will continue to follow preventive measures, include the International Culinary Institute, Cosmetology, Healthcare programs, and Student Affairs departments, including TECH Central. Social distancing will continue in classrooms and high traffic areas as needed through the Summer and Fall semester. Based on the new CDC guidelines, we will continue to require masks for large gatherings or special events. Individuals who have not received a COVID-19 vaccine are still encouraged to wear face coverings in accordance with the CDC guidance.
- Individuals are responsible for providing their own masks or face coverings. Information about how to make your own face covering can be found at the CDC website.
- Students, visitors, and employees should maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet from other individuals. Offices and departments may have specific guidelines about capacity/occupancy limits posted so that social distancing may be maintained.
- HGTC students who are experiencing any influenza-like illnesses are encouraged to call the Office of Student Affairs at 843-349-7550.
- Certain academic programs may ask students to complete a self-checklist daily as a requirement before students are permitted to participate in hands-on and/or laboratory activities. Specific guidance regarding the self-checklist will be provided by individual faculty members.
- The College continues to provide comprehensive virtual support with several options
for you to receive services, including telephone assistance, email assistance, and
virtual meetings. These options are listed below.
You can call 843-347-3186 to speak with a College representative.
You can call 843-349-8324 to speak with a Technology Support Specialist.
Admissions firstname.lastname@example.org Advising email@example.com Financial Aid firstname.lastname@example.org Tuition Payment email@example.com Technology Help firstname.lastname@example.org Tutorial Assistance email@example.com
Live Chat: TECH Talk.
- The College continues to limit seating in waiting areas to provide for proper social distancing. Waiting areas will be cleaned with OSHA/CDC prescribed disinfectants daily.
- The Testing Center is open by appointment only. Tests and exams can be scheduled by going to www.hgtc.edu/testing. Face coverings are required in the Testing Center.
Learn about the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, which includes funds to assist qualified students in need during the pandemic.
Is this your first time taking an online course? Please see tips for taking online classes.
Your cooperation during this process will help our College community stay safe during the COVID-19 situation. We are committed to providing you with outstanding learning opportunities and the quality support and service you deserve.
Communicable Diseases and Pandemics are specifically addressed in HGTC‘s Emergency Response Manual (on page 35).
In preparation for flu season and in response to prior epidemics, HGTC has taken extensive precautionary measures to minimize the spreading of germs/diseases. We continue to encourage our community to take the necessary precautions and exercise good health practices. We encourage all students to get the COVID-19 vaccine.
To learn more about preventive health practices, please refer to the CDC and SC DHEC websites. To receive College updates on the impact of COVID-19 outbreak, please regularly monitor HGTC email, social media, and this website for any changes in operations.
As questions and concerns continue to arise, please do not hesitate to contact one of the following: