SC Workforce Scholarships for the Future
Don’t let the cost of higher education get in the way of your future this spring!
The new Workforce Scholarships for the Future will cover your tuition and required fees for the spring semester at HGTC, so you can achieve your future goals.
There has never been a better time to prepare for the career you have always wanted. Whether you want to enter the workforce or transfer to a four-year college, HGTC makes it easier than ever to reach your fullest potential. All South Carolina adults and recent high school graduates enrolled in a qualified career and technical education such as manufacturing, healthcare, education, computer science and information technology, or construction will automatically receive the scholarship.
The goal of the scholarship is to:
Produce a highly skilled workforce for South Carolina business.
Reduce the cost of higher education in the Palmetto State.
Lower student loan debt for South Carolinians.
Increase the percentage of citizens with a certificate, diploma or degree to include recent high school graduates and adults.
Allow for tuition assistance in non-credit credential programs such as commercial truck driving and forklift operation.
Increase accessibility to higher education in the state by having a campus available within 30 minutes.
- All South Carolina residents (adults and recent high school graduates) are eligible when enrolled in one of over 70 academic programs or workforce development certification courses.
- Students' remaining tuition and fees will be covered after all Federal, State, local, private assistance, scholarships, and grants are applied.
- Student Responsibility: Credit-seeking students must maintain a 2.0 GPA. All participating students must
complete one of the following requirements:
- be employed;
- take a financial literacy course offered at the technical college;
- complete 100 hours of voluntary time contributing to a nonprofit or public service organization.
- If you’re considering an academic program, select your program of interest, and apply for free! You should also start the Financial Aid process when you apply. Go to Federal Student Aid to create an ID then complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Make sure to use the HGTC school code - 004925.
- If you're considering a workforce development certification program, please call 843-477-2020. There is no need to apply to the College and no FAFSA is required!