Pizza Dough – will make about 6, 14' pizzas
- 2 LBS Bread flour
- ½ Ounce Dry yeast
- 18 Ounces Water
- 2 Ounces Olive Oil
- .5 OZ Salt
1. Combine the water, yeast, and oil until yeast is dissolved.
2. Add flour and salt.
3. Mix the dough until elastic.
4. Cover the mixing bowl and allow the dough to ferment for 75 min. at room temperature. Or for a more flavorful dough place in the refrigerator overnight, then remove and let come to room temperature.
5. Punch down the dough and scale 4 oz. Balls
6. Shape the balls into discs.
7. Freeze unused dough for future pizzas
Toppings: Makes 2 pizzas about 14'
- 2 Ounces Mussels – steamed, removed from shell
- 2 Ounces Littleneck clams- steamed, removed from shell
- 2 Ounces Calamari – tubes thinly sliced, & small tentacles
- 1 ounce onion - small diced
- 1 Each clove garlic - minced
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 2 TBSP Pesto – prepared
- 3 Ounces Marinated Artichoke Hearts – Roughly Chopped
- 1 Ounce Oil Packed Sun dried Tomatoes – chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 6 ounces Rich Tomato Sauce – Prepared
- 2 TBSP Fresh Basil – cut chiffonade or chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil as needed
To make topping:
1. Sweat onions and garlic in olive oil until translucent over medium heat.
2. Add the shell fish and the pesto, toss to coat well.
3. Add the artichoke hearts and sun dried tomatoes and toss. Remove from the heat immediately. And put in a bowl. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
To assemble pizzas:
1.Preheat oven and a pizza stone to the highest setting:
2. Roll out the dough to the desired shape and size.
3. Ladle a thin layer of tomato sauce on the pizza, spread it to about 1 inch from the edge.
4. Evenly distribute the shellfish topping onto the pizza.
5. Slide the pizza onto to the stone and bake for about 5-8 minutes until the edges start to brown, and it is starting to crisp.
6. Remove from the oven and lightly drizzle with good quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and sprinkle with fresh basil.