Beet Deviled Eggs
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups juice from pickled beets
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorn or melange of peppercorn
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon maielle dijon mustard or any dijon is fine
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise store bought or fresh made
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- season to taste
For the hard cooked eggs: I cover my eggs in a 2 quart sauce pot or the smallest pot they will fit in snug in a single row. Cover them by 1 inch with cold water.
Bring to a boil and then immediately shut off the heat and cover for 12 minutes.
Remove from hot water and place in ice bath until the eggs are completely chilled then peel the shells off and reserve
Combine juice from pickled beets (homemade or store bought) I used homemade pickled beets and onions for this recipe, vinegar, brown sugar and peppercorns.
Stir to make sure the sugar is dissolved
Place eggs in brine for 16 hours for just the perfect ring around the egg.
Split the eggs in half length wise
Take out the yolks and mix with mayo, dijon, white balsamic vinegar, curry, and olive oil and season to taste.
Lastly pipe or spoon the mixture into the center of the eggs. Serve