STEPS Session - Surgical Technology Certificate
Submission of this form verifies that I have viewed the above STEPS session and understand that to be eligible for a seat in the Surgical Technology program at HGTC I must:
- Apply to and be accepted at HGTC.
- Submit official high school transcript (with graduation date) or copy of GED.
- Submit official college transcript of any other college(s) attended.
- Sign and submit the “Additional Admission/ Placement Requirement Affidavit” (Background Check Affidavit).
- Be eligible for ENG 155 and MAT 155, either by completing prereqs for those courses, meeting the placement test requirements, or having transfer courses equivalent to or higher.
- Have a GPA of 2.0 on all prerequisite and core courses.
- Complete prereq courses (BIO 210, BIO 211(5 yr. time limit), BIO 225(5 yr. time limit) within the required time limits and with grades of C or higher and a GPA of 2.0
- If you receive notice that you are admitted to the Surgical Technology program, you will then receive follow up instructions. You must be prepared to complete a Health Physical and submit required immunizations, complete and pass a Certified Background Check and Drug Screening, submit a $500.00 deposit to hold your seat, and show proof of current HealthCare Providers CPR.
- Submit the Required Steps Session Checklist below, verifying completion of this STEPS session and indicating interest in admission to the Surgical Technology program. When all requirements are complete you will be placed on the First Qualified list to begin the program in the next available semester.
Completion of these requirements does not guarantee acceptance into HGTC’s Surgical Technology program.
Required STEPS Checklist
I have read the requirements for admission into the Health Science program at Horry-Georgetown Technical College and I understand that I must fulfill these requirements in order to be eligible for admission: