STEPS Session - Nursing - Advanced Placement Associate Degree
Submission of this form verifies that I have viewed the above STEPS session video and understand that to be eligible for a seat in the Advanced Placement ADN program at HGTC I must:
- Apply to and be accepted at HGTC.
- Submit official high school transcript (with graduation date) or copy of GED.
- Submit official college transcript of any other college attended.
- Sign and submit the “Additional Admission/ Placement Requirement Affidavit” (Background Check Affidavit).
- Take the TEAS-V test (2 year time limit) and have a minimum score of 65.
- Successfully complete (with a minimum grade of C) all 9 Nursing prerequisite courses with a 2.75 GPA: BIO 210, BIO 211, BIO 225, ENG 101, ENG 102, MAT 110 or MAT 120, PSY 201, SPC 205 and a humanity course. BIO 211 and BIO 225 must be within the last 5 years and MAT 110 or 120 within the last 10 years.
- Submit a copy of your current and valid South Carolina LPN license or current, valid, unrestricted SC or National Paramedic Certificate to the Admissions office.
- Submit a completed Advanced Placement ADN application to the Admissions office on any HGTC campus, within one of the application periods of January 1st - 31st or May 1st - 31st.
- If you receive notice that you are admitted to the Advanced Placement ADN program, you will then receive follow up instructions. You must be prepared to complete a Health Physical and submit required immunizations, complete and pass a Certified Background Check and Drug Screening, submit a $500.00 deposit to hold your seat, and show proof of current HealthCare Providers CPR.
- Submit the Required Steps Session Checklist below, verifying completion of this STEPS session and indicating interest in admission to the Advanced Placement ADN program.
Completion of these requirements does not guarantee acceptance into HGTC’s Advanced Placement ADN program.
Required STEPS Checklist
I have read the requirements for admission into the Health Science program at Horry-Georgetown Technical College and I understand that I must fulfill these requirements in order to be eligible for admission: