Become South Carolina Manufacturing Certified
The Certified Production Technician (CPTAE) certification addresses the core technical competencies of higher skilled production workers in all sectors of manufacturing. Through successful completion of the CPT certification, graduates will be qualified as front-line production workers in entry-level through front-line supervisor jobs.
Advanced manufacturing employment opportunities continue to increase in South Carolina. Prepare to compete for those jobs by setting yourself apart from the crowd with an advanced credential from HGTC. Upon successful completion of this 200 hour course, students receive the nationally recognized MSSC Certified Production Technician credential.
Scholarships are available for qualified applicants:
Qualified applicants must:
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have a silver level WorkKeys certification or better
- Successfully pass a drug screen and background check
- Be a US citizen or legal resident and live in SC
What is a typical salary range for these jobs?
The average starting salary for Certified Production Technician ranges from $25K to $35K.
The 200 hour program consists of:
- Safety - including OSHA 10 credential
- Production Processes
- Quality - including Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- Introduction to Industrial Maintenance
- Hand tools, multi-meters and measurement
*Candidates must earn the first four certificates to receive the full CPT certification.
For more information and to register for upcoming classes:
Diane Collins (843) 349-5192