Student Ambassadors serve as community representatives of HGTC during important events, including Orientation Sessions, Open Houses, Welcome Week, Tours, and other college-wide functions.
What are the minimum qualifications to apply?
To apply for a position, you must:
- Have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credits for both Fall and Spring
- Remain in good academic and judicial standing with the College during your tenure in the position
What are the mandatory job requirements?
If you are selected to serve as an Ambassador, you must commit to the following:
- Attend the Student Ambassador Training Dates once per semester
- Work at least 5 hours at the Information Stations during Welcome Week.
- Lead a minimum of 2 Campus Tours per month
- Work Orientation Sessions, Commencement
- Attend Student Engagement Hours, HGTC Garden Party, and/or the Scholars Benefit
- Check email and phone messages on a daily basis
- Be flexible to travel between all three campuses (Conway, Grand Strand, and Georgetown)
What is the compensation?
Ambassadors will receive:
- A stipend
- 2 Golf-Style Polos
- Official name tag
- Chance to experience collegiate administration
- Networking opportunities
Students must apply to get into the Student Ambassador program. Applicants must demonstrate strong leadership abilities, a positive attitude about Horry Georgetown Technical College, excellent communication skills, and good academic standing.
How to Apply
- Email Carolyn Bodmer for an application or with any questions