Student Ambassadors serve as community representatives of HGTC during important events, including Orientation Sessions, Open Houses, Welcome Week, Tours, and other college-wide functions.
What are the minimum qualifications to apply?
To apply for a position, you must:
- Have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credits for both Spring 2014 and Fall 2014
- Remain in good academic and judicial standing with the College during your tenure in the position
What are the mandatory job requirements?
If you are selected to serve as an Ambassador, you must commit to the following:
- Attend the Student Ambassador Training Day
- Help with the Information Stations during Welcome Week.
- Lead Campus Tours
- Work Orientation Sessions
- Attend Student Engagement Hours
- Attend the HGTC Garden Party, and/or the Scholars Benefit
What is the compensation?
Ambassadors will receive:
- A $300 stipend.
- 2 Golf-Style Polos
- Chance to experience collegiate administration
- Networking opportunities
Students must apply to get into the Student Ambassador program. Applicants must demonstrate strong leadership abilities, a positive attitude about Horry Georgetown Technical College, excellent communication skills, and good academic standing.
How to Apply