Student Ambassadors serve as community representatives of HGTC during important events, including Orientation Sessions, Open Houses, Welcome Week, Tours, and other college-wide functions.
What are the minimum qualifications to apply?
To apply for a position, you must:
- Have completed your first semester with HGTC and have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credits for both Fall and Spring
- Remain in good academic and judicial standing with the College during your tenure in the position
What are the mandatory job requirements?
If you are selected to serve as an Ambassador, you must commit to the following:
- Attend the Student Ambassador Training Dates once Per Semester
- Lead a minimum of 10 Campus Tours per Academic Year
- Assist in a minimum of 5 Campus Event per Academic Year
- Be flexible to travel between all three campuses (Conway, Grand Strand, and Georgetown)
What is the compensation?
Ambassadors will receive:
- A stipend
- 2 HGTC Polo Shirts
- Chance to experience Collegiate Administration
- Networking Opportunities
Students must apply to get into the Student Ambassador program. Applicants must demonstrate strong leadership abilities, a positive attitude about Horry Georgetown Technical College, excellent communication skills, and good academic standing.