Staff are available to every student for assistance and guidance on career exploration, personal matters, academic concerns and other areas of concern.
- Career Assessment & Counseling
- Personal Counseling
- Disability Services
- Student Mental Health & Well Being resources
Choosing or Changing Majors
Unsure about what you want to major in? Meet with one of our experienced career counselors.
Through career assessment and counseling, they can help you choose a major that is
congruent with your personality type, interests, and goals. They can also show you
how to find out crucial information about potential occupations (e.g., projected job
outlook and salary information).
Thinking about changing your major? Our counselors can help you narrow your focus and make the right choice to lead you toward your desired employment. Counselors will also evaluate the effect of a change of major on your Financial Aid.
Myers Briggs and Strong Interest Inventory Sample Assessments
Events and experiences in our personal lives directly impact our ability to succeed in our academic lives. Counseling staff are available to assist students with finding community and college resources.
- Rape Crisis Center: Horry and Georgetown Counties: 24-hour crisis hotline: 843-448-7273
- Shoreline Behavioral Health Services
- Alanon-Alateen (support group for family of alcoholics): 843-449-0187
- Alcoholics Anonymous: 843-445-7119
- Narcotics Anonymous: 843-449-6262
- Gamblers Anonymous: 843-692-9335 or 877-864-4427