HGTC Counseling services strive to optimize student success through managing personal and academic concerns that may interfere with achieving educational goals. Staff are available to every student for assistance and guidance on career exploration, personal matters, academic concerns and other areas of concern.Counseling Services include: Career Assessment & Counseling, Personal Counseling, Accessibility -Disability Services, and Student Mental Health & Well Being resources
- Career Assessment & Counseling
- Personal Counseling
- Disability Services
- Student Mental Health & Well Being resources
Choosing or Changing Majors
Unsure about what you want to major in? Meet with one of our experienced career counselors. Through career assessment and counseling, they can help you choose a major that is congruent with your personality type, interests, and goals. They can also show you how to find out crucial information about potential occupations (e.g., projected job outlook and salary information).
Myers Briggs and Strong Interest Inventory Sample Assessments
Events and experiences in our personal lives directly impact our ability to succeed in our academic lives. Counseling staff are available to assist students with finding community and college resources.
- Rape Crisis Center: Horry and Georgetown Counties: 24-hour crisis hotline: 843-448-7273
- Shoreline Behavioral Health Services
- Alanon-Alateen (support group for family of alcoholics): 843-449-0187
- Alcoholics Anonymous: 843-445-7119
- Narcotics Anonymous: 843-449-6262
- Gamblers Anonymous: 843-692-9335 or 877-864-4427