Transfer Student AdmissionsIf you have taken courses at another college or university, regardless of grades earned or how long ago you attended, you are a transfer student.
- If you are a transfer student who is also an international student, click here for the steps you'll need to follow to enroll at HGTC.
- If you are a transfer student who is also a nursing student, click here for the steps you'll need to follow to enroll at HGTC.
Follow These Easy Steps to Transfer to HGTC:
1. Submit an Application.
Complete and submit the Application online.
Each application must be submitted along with a $30 non-refundable application fee. Acceptable forms of payment are Visa, MasterCard, Discover or electronic check. Online applications that do not have a valid form of payment will not be processed.
2. Begin the Financial Aid processNo matter how you intend to pay for tuition and fees, it's a good idea to begin the Financial Aid application process when you apply to HGTC. Learn more about Financial Aid.
3. Submit official college transcript(s) and a final official high school transcript
Request an official high school transcript, with your graduation date posted, sent directly to the College at the address below.
Also request official transcripts from each college you previously attended be sent directly to to the College at the address below.
Horry Georgetown Technical College
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 261966
Conway, SC 29528-6066
Transcripts must show that you have completed at least one college-level math cours and
one college-level English composition course, with an earned grade of "C" or above
in these two courses. Developmental/remedial college courses are not applicable nor
transferable. If you do not meet these requirements, you can submit SAT or ACT test
scores that are no lmore than 5 years old, or take the COMPASS placement test to determine your course placement. You can take the COMPASS test in any one of
HGTC's Testing Centers. This test is free to College applicants.
4. Meet with a New Student Enrollment Advisor or Academic Advisor
An Advisor will help you create an academic plan and assist with your scheduling of
classes, so make sure you see an advisor as soon as you have completed the admissions
process. New Student Enrollment Advisors see students on a walk-in basis all year
long, so there's no need for an appointment. However, please try to avoid the busiest
time, which is right before the beginning of each semester.
If you have questions about the advisement process, email the staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes about Transfer:
- Course(s) being transferred must be equal in content to the course(s) required in your major at Horry Georgetown Technical College.
- In order to transfer credit, you must have made a grade of "C" or better in the subject.
- Credit for a course must show on an official transcript from the granting institution, and an official copy of this transcript must be on file at Horry Georgetown Technical College.
- Transfer credit does not influence your GPA while attending Horry Georgetown Technical College.
- Credits transferred and/or exempted from other institutions may not exceed 75% of the total credits required for graduation by Horry Georgetown Technical College.
- Acceptance and evaluation of all transfer credits are at the discretion of the Registrar and department chairs, when applicable.
Visit www.sctrac.org for more information about course equivalencies, and more.
Time Limits On Transfer Credits:
Some majors at HGTC are continually changing due to the nature of the profession. The following courses have transfer time limits:
|Limit||Prefix/Course||Major/ Subject Area|
|1 Year||PNR||Practical Nursing|
|2 Years||DAT||Expanded Duty Dental Assisting|
|NUR||Associate Degree Nursing|
|5 Years||BIO||Dental Hygiene, Nursing, Surgical Tech majors only|
|IST||Information Systems Technology|
|LEG||Legal Assistant, Paralegal|
|AHS||Allied Health Science|
|BAF||Banking and Finance|
|MAT||Associates Degree in Nursing major only|
|OST||Office Systems Technology|