Transfer Student Admissions
If you have taken courses at another college or university, regardless of grades earned or how long ago you attended, you are a transfer student.
Follow These Easy Steps to Transfer to HGTC:
- Course(s) being transferred must be equal in content to the course(s) required in your major at Horry Georgetown Technical College.
- In order to transfer credit, you must have made a grade of "C" or better in the subject.
- Credit for a course must show on an official transcript from the granting institution, and an official copy of this transcript must be on file at Horry Georgetown Technical College.
- Transfer credit does not influence your GPA while attending Horry Georgetown Technical College.
- Credits transferred and/or exempted from other institutions may not exceed 75% of the total credits required for graduation by Horry Georgetown Technical College.
- Acceptance and evaluation of all transfer credits are at the discretion of the Registrar and department chairs, when applicable.
Visit www.sctrac.org for more information about course equivalencies, and more.
Some majors at HGTC are continually changing due to the nature of the profession. The following courses have transfer time limits:
|Limit||Prefix/Course||Major/ Subject Area|
|DAT||Expanded Duty Dental Assisting|
|2 Years||DHG||Dental Hygiene|
|EMS||Emergency Medical Technology|
|5 Years||AOT||Administrative Office Technology|
|BIO||Dental Hygiene, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Physical Therapy Assistant, Surgical Technician majors only|
|HIM||Medical Administrative Assistant; Medical Coding & Billing|
|IST||Information Systems Technology|
|7 Years||ECD||Early Care and Education|
|AHS||Allied Health Science|
|BAF||Banking and Finance|
|CMT||Construction Management Technology|
|MAT||Associates Degree in Nursing-ADN major only|
|NRM||Natural Resource Management|