Returning Student AdmissionsIf you attended HGTC morethan a year ago or have already graduated from Horry-Georgetown Technical College, you need to follow the steps below to reapply.
If you attended HGTC less than a year ago, see your academic advisor for help with registering for classes. If you are a returning student who is also an international student, click here for the steps you'll need to follow to enroll at HGTC.
Follow These Easy Steps to Re-enroll at HGTC:
1. Submit the application
Choose one of the following methods to apply to HGTC
- Complete the Application online
- Apply in person at one of our three campuses
- Download the Application and mail it to:
P.O. Box 261966
Conway, SC 29528-6066
Each application must be submitted along with a non-refundable $30 fee.
No matter how you intend to pay for tuition and fees, it's a good idea to begin the
Financial Aid application process when you apply to HGTC. Learn more about Financial Aid
2. Begin the Financial Aid process
If you have attended another college or university since attending HGTC, please have
the school you attended submit your transcript to the HGTC Admissions Office. You
may choose to have your transcripts sent electronically to email@example.com
3. Submit transcript(s)
For some returning students, placement testing might be necessary. You can schedule
a COMPASS placement test online at hgtc.edu/startright. This test is free to college applicants.
4. Submit scores from the college placement test (COMPASS)
- After your application is complete, you will receive your HGTC student ID number, called an " H-number". Be sure to make a copy of this number for your home and carry your H-number card when you're on campus
- You will also receive a Username and Password for access to WaveNet, the college-information site. You will have a WaveNet account so that you can check financial aid, account balance, grades, email, and much more. On each campus, WaveNet Central can assist you in navigating this useful site.