New Student Advising
As a new student at HGTC, it is very important that you get off to a great start and maintain clear goals and objectives. Our advisors are here to make sure of just that! Based on overall college expectations that are set forth in our Guided Plan for Success (GPS), HGTC faculty and advisors work together to help our students come up with an Academic Plan that will be beneficial and supportive of their career goals.
Things to Bring to New Student Advising Session:
- Any official/unofficial transcripts
- Positive attitude
Contact one of the following advisors to get started as an HGTC student:
- Tom Jordan (Health Sciences)
- Betty Hemingway (International)
- Shannon Sarvis (Transfers)
- Michele Wilson (Health Sciences)
Grand Strand Campus
- Dana Radford (Health Science)
- Susan Greer (Health Science)
- Jennifer Parler (Dual Enrollment)
- Kristen Griffin 843-477-2055
Coordinator of Advising
- Bonita Dove
HGTC offers virtual advising sessions for our students who cannot come to campus. We know that our students have a busy schedule and we have a way to accommodate them as well.
Student may schedule an appointment with one of our virtual advisors by sending an email or calling.
- Virtual Advisor
Once an agreed-upon plan is in place, you are ready to register for your courses and become an enrolled student at HGTC!