Join hundreds on April 22, for HGTC Engineering Day
Horry Georgetown Technical College invites high school students, parents, teachers,
designers and construction industry representatives to the Conway Campus from 8:00
a.m.-1:30 p.m. next Wed., Apr. 22, for the Seventh Annual Engineering Day. Design
competitions will encompass several areas, including autoCAD, concrete, bridge and
robotics. Weather permitting, most events will be outdoors in front of Building 300.
Some events will be held in engineering technology laboratories inside Building 300.
More than 180 high school students participated last year to learn about careers in engineering-related fields. The event is free to all. Anyone with questions may contact Prof. Suliban Deaza.
2015 Engineering Day Schedule
- 8:00–9:00 - Autocad Competition
objective: To create a plan based on the dimensions given the day of the competition.
- 9:45–10:00 - Welcome
- 9:00–10:00 - Concrete Competition
- 10:00–11:00 - Robotics Competition
- 10:30–11:30 - HS student relay games
- 11:00–12:00 - Bridge Competition
- 12:00–12:30 - Lunch / Exhibition/ ELW Competition
- 12:30–1:00 - HS Awards ceremony – HS students (survey, wrap-up, departure)
- 1:00–1:30 - Awards ceremony