Alpha Nu Sigma, the HGTC chapter of Phi Theta Kappa
was recognized recently at the Carolinas Regional Convention in Wilmington, NC with the following awards:
- Carolinas Region Service Award
- Carolinas Region Honors in Action Award
- Carolinas Region Superstars Award
- Carolinas Region Hall of Honor - Michael Rovetto and Kim Williams
- Five Star Chapter Award
- Distinguished Honors in Action Theme Award (top score in Theme 7, Frontiers of Health and Medicine)
- Distinguished Honors in Action Award (top score of all project submitted by chapters in North and South Carolina)
- Distinguished Chapter Officer Award - Honorable Mention - Michael Rovetto and Kim Williams
- Horizon Award - Leila Rogers and Beth Carraway
- Carolinas Region Best Website Award
- Carolinas Region Yearbook Award
- Distinguished College Project Award (top 5 in North and South Carolina for the F.A.I.R. that was held in October)
- Beta Tau Continued Excellence Award (this is awarded to chapters who are considered Distinguished Chapters for 3 or more consecutive years. We were the only chapter in North and South Carolina to achieve this.)
- Carolinas Region Most Distinguished Chapter Award (highest scoring chapter out of 84 chapters in North and South Carolina. We were the only South Carolina chapter in the top 3 chapters).
Beth Carraway, Leila Rogers, and John Sharpe, are chapter advisors.
For more information about Phi Theta Kappa, and how to apply Contact Leila Rogers.